SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-16 08:50:17

psyco430404
#! Die Hard

PekWM Aero Snap

Yet again i bring you an Aero Snap Tutorial, but his time for PekWM. I've searched far and wide for a way to do this, and its a lot less elegant then Openbox, but it works the same none the less. I figured it out by basically experimenting with different WM control variables, and this is the easiest least headache way I've found. there's is probably a much better way to do it and i would like some help in figuring it out if some one could lend me a hand of automating it more. Currently the way i do it is with wmctrl and the PekWM Keybinds. Same idea as my Openbox tut but way different in actual use seeing s how its using PekWM and an external app.

Step 1

Install WMCTRL

sudo apt-get install wmctrl

or 

sudo aptitude install wmctrl

Step 2

Add this to your key file in PekWM folder and your done. you can naturally change the Keys and all.

Left
KeyPress = "Ctrl Tab" { Actions = "Exec wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,0,25,639,950" }

Right
KeyPress = "Mod4 Tab" { Actions = "Exec wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,639,25,639,950" }

KeyPress = "Mod4 Q" { Actions = "Exec wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,0,25,1280,950" }

Step 3

reload PekWM and try it out.

=================================================================
That's the Keyboard Method, im going to be experimenting, and ill post up a way to do this with the mouse. Hopefully by tomorrow.
=================================================================

Alright i have also figured out how to do it by mouse, there's a few things you need to do.

Step 1)

Make it focus by button press. In your mouse config for title bars you need to make it Focus on title bar press not button release. Youll need to do this for both OtherTitle and FrameTitle

ButtonRelease = "1" { Actions = "Raise; Focus" }
to
ButtonPress = "1" { Actions = "Raise; Focus" }

Step 2)

Apply the binds to Screen edge for the mouse like so

Left
EnterMoving = "1" { Actions = "Exec wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,0,25,639,950" }

Right
EnterMoving = "1" { Actions = "Exec wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,639,25,639,950" }

EnterMoving = "1" { Actions = "Exec wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,0,25,1280,950" }

Step 3)

Reload PekWM

You'll need to change the dimensions to match your screen in both methods.

Last edited by psyco430404 (2011-08-16 09:05:25)

"'If fighting is to result in victory, then you must fight'...Sun Tzu said that and id say he knows a little more about fighting then you do pal."

- TF2 Soldier

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2011-09-08 16:08:01

slug45

Re: PekWM Aero Snap

I just wrote something similar here :http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topi … osnapping/

My script gets screen resolution and moves/resizes windows according to it, it needs some tweaks though.

Science is interesting and if you don't agree, you can fuck off!  (Richard Dawkins [Beyond Belief{ paraphrasing Alan Anderson, New Scientist}]).
Mediawiki | Google+

Board footer