SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-22 04:47:03

razorboy5

[SOLVED] How to figure out the execute commands?

Hi again

sry for posting two in such close time periods however having some trouble after install so...

never used OpenBox b4 so this is quite challenging for me so far

however figured out i just configure menu.xml to change what pops up when i right click so was playing around with that alot however to add stuff onto that i dont always know what the execute commands are for the program i want to add

such as google chrome i installed using deb file however i have no clue what the run code is or how to figure it out... if u can help i'd appretiate it,

thx

Last edited by razorboy5 (2009-12-22 12:28:29)

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2009-12-22 05:22:04

trailpups

Re: [SOLVED] How to figure out the execute commands?

I believe for Google Chrome it is google-chrome.

"They live in wisdom who see themselves in all and all in them, who have renounced every selfish desire and sense craving tormenting the heart... "
-- The Bhagavad Gita (Mahabharata)

#3 2009-12-22 06:51:32

anonymous
The Mystery Member

Heres a couple ways to figure out the commands for most programs you install:

1. Go to /usr/share/applications, find the launcher for the program you want, then open it in a text editor (leafpad) and look for the execute line.

2. xfce4-appfinder can do the same thing but automatically. It also sorts programs by category.

Note: ** Please read before posting **

BTW if you wish to contact me, send me an e-mail instead of a PM.

#4 2009-12-22 11:03:58

iggykoopa
Script Master

I installed chrome from the ppa and for me it is chromium-browser, it may be different for the deb you installed it from though.

I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

#5 2009-12-22 12:27:13

razorboy5

thx alot google chrome was google-chrome

will definately check out xfce4-appfinder

#6 2009-12-22 22:23:37

trailpups

Iggykoopa, Google actually released an official beta, so razorboy5 actually installed Google Chrome, hence google-chrome. I'm still using Chromium, however, as it seems to be updated more frequently. The Google Chrome deb does add an entry to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ so that it can be updated with the package manager though.

"They live in wisdom who see themselves in all and all in them, who have renounced every selfish desire and sense craving tormenting the heart... "

#7 2009-12-23 07:01:03

iggykoopa
Script Master

Thanks for pointing that out trailpups. I've been avoiding the official builds because they have more tracking stuff activated from what I've read. I don't mind them tracking a little bit of info, but there are limits.

I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

#8 2009-12-23 17:42:47

trailpups

I'm not sure, but I think that when on your first run of Google Chrome a window pops up, as it does in Chromium, asking if you'd like to make the browser your default and if you'd like to import settings from Firefox, that it also has a checkbox allowing you to opt out of sending usage statistics.

*** Just checked, and it does ***
2zqtxm9.jpg

So that might be helpful.

Board footer