SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-10 23:16:31

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Please help us keep your forums manageable.

I'm sure that, by now, most of you have seen the news of corenominal's decision to allow the CrunchBang distro to end with Waldorf.  This obviously means the forums are now in a time of transition.  (Don't worry, the forums aren't going anywhere anytime soon; we're just trying to figure out what the future will hold.)  For now, in order to make the forum more manageable for not just the moderators, but for everybody, we'd like to request a self-imposed moratorium on certain types of posting activity.

Please try to keep babble to a minimum.  (This isn't specifically directed at CBizgreat!; many of us are guilty of babble, myself included.)  Walls of text just make it more difficult to work through the recent thread traffic, which has exploded since corenominal's announcement.

Please try to limit off-topic chit-chat; let's try to stay focused on help & support and possible successors to CrunchBang.

Please don't make multiple successive posts with just a line or two of text and/or a single screenshot, unless you're posting in the monthly screenshots thread...and even there, please don't make multiple back-to-back posts.  That's just extra work for the forum server, and it makes it more difficult to read.

EDIT:  Also, I want to make something clear about the CrunchBang name.  It is not to be used for any derivative work, and is not for sale at any price.  We should probably acknowledge CrunchBang within the documentation as a source of inspiration for our derivatives, but it is not to be used for any branding.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by pvsage (2015-02-11 06:08:38)

Board footer