SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-24 18:33:58

bugsly

Loving #!

Helllo there, Crunchbangers!

My name is David. My first experience with Linux was about 5 months ago, reconfiguring a VPS account from CentOS LAMP stack to Debian LEMP. That was quite an undertaking for a total newb. Many times I wanted to shoot myself in the face, but I got it running, and it's ridiculously fast!

That gave me a taste for Linux, and I don't know much yet, but I know I like it! Since that time I've played with several desktops: openSUSE, Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Fedora, and I don't know how many other distros for various dinausar laptops.

I've been running Crunchbang Waldorf for two or three months now. Turned an always-on-the-verge-of-crashing old Gateway laptop encumbered by Vista into the best computer I've ever owned. I had it as a triple boot with XP and Ubuntu with a shared storage partition. Got rid of Ubuntu already, thinking of cloning the XP for use in a vm. Very rarely use Windows now, and CB could use the space.

I have some questions I'll post to the proper places, but thought I'd stop by and say hello first. Have a great day!

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-10-24 18:40:29

schwim
#! Die Hard

Re: Loving #!

Haha, fantastic entrance into the fun of #!(!)

Welcome to the site.  Hope you hang out with us even if you don't need anything big_smile

#3 2012-10-24 18:40:32

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Hello!

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community bugsly, we are glad to have you!

VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

We do not run from challenges, they become new innovations within VSIDO!

#4 2012-10-24 19:05:48

vicshrike
#! by Default

Hello bugsly, welcome to #!forums, nice of you to stop by here in the intro department.

#!, all else is but a shadow.

#5 2012-10-24 22:39:29

damionhh

yeah, welcome, and tell us what you learn.  ive been deep in the entrails myself lately and there are
a lot of rocks to look under for the slutions to problems, and a lot of pleasant surprises as i find new ways to do things (like acidrip grabbing dvds to my hard drive while conky tells me the weather and forecast).
peace

#6 2012-10-25 02:05:29

merelyjim
#! Die Hard
Website

bugsly wrote:

reconfiguring a VPS account from CentOS LAMP stack to Debian LEMP. That was quite an undertaking ...

Wow. Sounds like you went out for a hike and found yourself halfway up Everest!
Welcome to #! smile

"When I enter a command... I expect ass to be hauled and the coffeelike aroma of hustle delicately hovering in the air." -thalassophile

My attempt at a blog; http://waitingonragnarok.blogspot.com/

Board footer