SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-04 04:11:28

raken

Long time user, first time poster

I've been using the GNU/Linux system for a long time. Since 2002 started with Redhat. It was on a duel-boot set up. I used XP for gaming and Linux for everything else. I was tired of the Licence and all the other BS Mircosoft was giving me, so I left and I've been Windows free for 2 years.

I don't remember when I found out about #!, but when I installed in on my netbook a year ago. And on my main computer (AMD Acer Laptop), I had Ubuntu and with all the daft changes they've made. I don't think it's useable. And for the past 3 - 4 months, I've been distro shopping; hopping from one to the other. I decied to say, "Screw Ubuntu and the other distros," and move over to #!. This is where I plan to be for a long time.

One little thing. I couldn't find any help on these forums (it could be here, but I didn't see it),  for setting up broadcom wireless drivers. The Debian http://wiki.debian.org/wl site fixed it and it works great.

"Rorschach's Journal, October 16th, 1985. 42nd Street: Women's breasts draped across every billboard, every display, littering the sidewalk. Was offered Swedish love and French love...but not American love. American love; like Coke in green glass bottles... they don't make it anymore." -Watchmen

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-10-04 04:31:40

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Re: Long time user, first time poster

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community raken, we are glad to have you!

VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

We do not run from challenges, they become new innovations within VSIDO!

#3 2012-10-04 08:58:31

a3e6u9

raken wrote:

One little thing. I couldn't find any help on these forums (it could be here, but I didn't see it),  for setting up broadcom wireless drivers. The Debian http://wiki.debian.org/wl site fixed it and it works great.

#! is basically Debian, so any information from Debian works here also. Good to have you with us. smile

DON'T PANIC!

#4 2012-10-04 12:30:30

pvsage
Internal Affairs

raken wrote:

I decied to say, "Screw Ubuntu and the other distros,"

This is how many of us found ourselves here, going back to the days when #! was still based on an Ubuntu minimal install.  I like to think that, as the community has matured, we have become a "kinder, gentler" community; some of our distro-hopping members actually hop to the latest Ubuntu from time to time! wink

If you use the "Google Custom Search" box (yeah, I don't like it either, but apparently it helps our distro's sole developer keep the lights on) to search this forum for {broadcom wireless}, you will find a murder of relevant threads.  (Admittedly, many/most of them point back to the Debian wiki, but as a3e6u9 mentioned above...

EDIT:  Oh, and welcome!

Last edited by pvsage (2012-10-04 20:52:54)

I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#5 2012-10-04 17:47:06

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Welcome, raken, to CrunchBang and enjoy your stay!

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#6 2012-10-04 20:52:42

merelyjim
#! Die Hard
Website

Some of our distro-hopping members actually hop to the latest Ubuntu from time to time...

And then jump right back. lol

Welcome to #!

"When I enter a command... I expect ass to be hauled and the coffeelike aroma of hustle delicately hovering in the air." -thalassophile

My attempt at a blog; http://waitingonragnarok.blogspot.com/

Board footer