SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-03 03:28:29

fotenks

Moshi Moshi

Hello,  new Crunchbang user here.  My only experience with linux was messing with livecds a long long time ago.

Since Dota 2 is being ported to linux soon,  I almost see no reason to stick with windows for much longer,  perhaps I will dual boot.  I fell in love with crunchbang for its minimalist approach,  and after installing it,  almost everything works,  I'm impressed.  I much prefer speed and snapiness over fancy 3d effects and shit.  I just seem to be having problems setting my resolution so I made an account to take advantage of that help section.  I'll probably toil around with it some more since I hate asking for help but I do feel like I'm running in circles lol.  I hope crunchbang doesnt become too much of a challenge for me.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-10-03 03:31:17

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Re: Moshi Moshi

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community fotenks, we are glad to have you!

VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

We do not run from challenges, they become new innovations within VSIDO!

#3 2012-10-04 21:05:42

merelyjim
#! Die Hard
Website

Welcome to #! smile

Here's the repository of all our written knowledge; http://crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/

Typing this out on an old, under-powered netbook that flies using #! so know what you mean about "speed and snappiness."

"When I enter a command... I expect ass to be hauled and the coffeelike aroma of hustle delicately hovering in the air." -thalassophile

My attempt at a blog; http://waitingonragnarok.blogspot.com/

#4 2012-10-05 06:37:20

vicshrike
#! by Default

Welcome to #! fotenks, I do understand that you want to try to figure things out by yourself first, thats good because one learn a lot during that process. But if you get stuck, just ask away!

#!, all else is but a shadow.

Board footer