SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-24 12:41:01

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

DMT - Have you ever tried it?

I saw a very interesting full documentary about a year ago about DMT with Joe Rogan. I was extremely interested in finding out more about it, but got caught up in life and have since forgotten until I came across this video today. http://youtu.be/E-TZKiJW1UQ.

Do any of you know much about DMT? Have any of you actually tried it?

I do meditations regularly and have listened to and tested many different brainwave entrainment programs for several years. Some are definitely better than others, but a few times I have had some really wild experiences while listening to Binaural beats and brainwave entrainment cd's. I'm totally fascinated with different ways to achieve enlightenment and have been for a long time, so this DMT is very interesting.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-08-24 13:07:28

Awebb
The Singularity

Re: DMT - Have you ever tried it?

It is illegal where I live.

EDIT: ... as well as it is where you live and where the board is hosted. Don't be so careless.

Last edited by Awebb (2012-08-24 13:09:32)

I'm so meta, even this acronym

#3 2012-08-24 13:10:13

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Awebb wrote:

It is illegal where I live.

It is illegal here in the US as well. But so is HEMP wink Btw, I'm not advocating the use of drugs but this molecule is apparently made naturally in the body.

#4 2012-08-24 13:15:40

Neil
#! CrunchBanger

No, never tried DMT, and probably never will.  I do, however, practice the beneficial type of meditation, the kind of deep, concentrated thinking in which a person seriously reflects on past experiences, ponders and muses over current matters, or thoughtfully contemplates possible future events.  In order to meditate properly, a person needs to be free from distractions, artificial stimuli, etc. and alone with his thoughts, so to speak.  Filling the mind with positive, constructive thoughts, rather than trying to empty the mind.

#5 2012-08-24 13:16:53

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Very interesting Neil, thanks.

#6 2012-08-24 13:20:25

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

B. Caapi is not regulated in the US.

The documentary is DMT: The Spirit Molecule.

Last edited by p120d16y (2012-08-24 13:21:12)

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
---Thomas Jefferson ---

#7 2012-08-24 13:23:29

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

p120d16y wrote:

Yes, that's the one I watched originally, I found it extremely interesting.

#8 2012-08-24 13:27:57

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

swftech wrote:
p120d16y wrote:

Yes, that's the one I watched originally, I found it extremely interesting.

I just got sick of them showing the visuals throughout the entire documentary. I watched it just a few days ago with my grandmother in law.
It's like most documentaries where all you need is the audio, no need to watch it.
If Joe Rogan interests you, he's got tons of videos on youtube of similar nature.
ayahuasca is basically legal in the US at least if you claim it to be a religious sacrament.
It is not a scheduled drug, you don't really get in trouble for it. If you personally brewed it and weren't trying to stupidly sell it, you'd never get in trouble for possessing it.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
---Thomas Jefferson ---

#9 2012-08-24 13:42:41

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Thanks, I'll check out his YT channel later. I have watched his Ustream shows a couple of times.

#10 2012-08-24 14:54:25

Neil
#! CrunchBanger

swftech wrote:

I'm totally fascinated with different ways to achieve enlightenment and have been for a long time...

You won't find enlightenment by such means, whether legal or otherwise.  Try this instead.

#11 2012-08-24 14:58:16

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Neil wrote:
swftech wrote:

I'm totally fascinated with different ways to achieve enlightenment and have been for a long time...

You won't find enlightenment by such means, whether legal or otherwise.  Try this instead.

Jehovah's Witnesses? No thanks! I'm interested in DMT not religion or brain washing.

Last edited by swftech (2012-08-24 15:02:24)

#12 2012-08-24 15:01:31

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

DMT is a path from birth til death. It is total enlightenment.

---Thomas Jefferson ---

#13 2012-08-24 15:14:51

Neil
#! CrunchBanger

swftech wrote:

I'm interested in DMT...

Fair enough.  I misunderstood that you were seeking enlightenment.  We do have free will after all to choose our path in life.  Most do choose, as p120d16y so wisely notes, the path to death, rather than life.

#14 2012-08-24 15:30:55

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

You are twisting my words. It is not a life threatening experience. But you also have a free will to misinterpret enlightenment and what others say.

In a spiritual sense, DMT flows through all living beings, and it is said that it allows human communication with all living beings. Two molecules away from tryptophan, every living creature can produce it.

What I said about life and death and how their paths intertwine was not as you interpreted. When 5-MEO-DMT is taken you experience death first, then your birth and travel through life, until your demise again. You align with the entire living symbiosis. Without having experienced it, you cannot have a description of what it is. It's not something to be taken lightly or recreationally. Only a few times maybe in ones life.

Last edited by p120d16y (2012-08-24 15:40:31)

---Thomas Jefferson ---

#15 2012-08-24 15:52:00

Neil
#! CrunchBanger

It was not my intention to twist your words.  They were so few, and profound, I thought, that they applied.  Guess not.

Enlightenment, I believe, can only be found through education.  That is, the knowledge of., and understanding of absolute truth.  Not just the personal perception of truth, and certainly not by means of psychedelic drugs which produce what has been described as "powerful immersive experiences; ...often described as a total loss of connection to conventional reality"-Wikipedia

#16 2012-08-24 16:05:00

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

Neil wrote:

Enlightenment, I believe, can only be found through education.  That is, the knowledge of., and understanding of absolute truth.  Not just the personal perception of truth, and certainly not by means of psychedelic drugs which produce what has been described as "powerful immersive experiences; ...often described as a total loss of connection to conventional reality"-Wikipedia

What is absolute truth?
Perception and truth is seen differently through every eye. What man tells another man is not truth, but forced beliefs.

wikipedia wrote:

certainly not by means of psychedelic drugs

The biggest farce I've ever read.

These are natural substances found in plants and living beings.

---Thomas Jefferson ---

#17 2012-08-24 16:26:00

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

I think you are just not familiar with the effect of taking DMT Neil. If even only taken once it can "supposedly" have a very enlightening experience on you. That is why I am interested in it.
If you take some time to watch the full documentary "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" that was mentioned earlier in the thread it will most likely help you  to understand what I am talking about. This has nothing to do with it being a recreational drug.

edited to add the name of the doc.

Last edited by swftech (2012-08-24 16:27:43)

#18 2012-08-24 16:26:02

rhowaldt
#!*$%:)

dudes. first of all, i love discussing drugs, especially psychedelics. then again, there is always the aspect of religion popping up as it does here, and as you all know, religious discussion tend to go wrong real fast, which is why we try to avoid them.

DMT is illegal as a pure substance almost everywhere. on the other hand, it is created in your body, so we are all in possession of an illegal substance right now. sorry about that. as p12340359358 noted, Banisteriopsis Caapi is not regulated in the US. the reason he mentioned this is because it is the source of DMT in the Amazonian brew of Ayahuasca. Ayahuasca actually has a church in the US, as well as here in the Netherlands, where people can take the substance and go through guided trips. in other words, the legality of this whole thing is a bit of a grey area, with lots of angles (isn't it always?)

i feel it should not be wrong to discuss something like this. if you read the book 'DMT: The Spirit Molecule' you'll also see that it is based on clinical trials, and there has been a fair amount of interesting research on it, making it well worth a discussion.

that said, i would never encourage people to try the substance, and i have never tried it myself. when you are interested, please do yourself a big favor and read up on it: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml
this stuff, like all psychedelics, works on your brain in a massive way that is not to be underestimated, so be careful and conscious about what you get yourself in to. not everybody is ready for this stuff.

again, please avoid dragging religion into this. there is no need for derogatory posts about whatever religion, no matter what you think about it. keep an open mind yourself if you expect the same of others. opinions about psychedelic substances are wide and varied, so be prepared for resistance in discussing this, but please, keep it nice and civil.

#19 2012-08-24 16:31:25

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

^ That is why I kept religion totally out of it.

---Thomas Jefferson ---

#20 2012-08-24 16:32:50

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

rhowaldt wrote:

.that said, i would never encourage people to try the substance

This is what I am looking for from the forum. I am curious if anyone is familiar with it and if so their thoughts. Thanks rhowaldt for your opinion about taking this substance. And I totally agree, religion has no place here.

#21 2012-08-24 16:34:21

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

^ My experience is that you'd better be plenty experienced in all other psychedelics first.

---Thomas Jefferson ---

#22 2012-08-24 16:36:04

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

p120d16y wrote:

^ My experience is that you'd better be plenty experienced in all other psychedelics first.

Haha, from what i've read about it so far this sounds correct. And btw, thanks p120d16y for your input here as well.

#23 2012-08-24 16:41:17

rhowaldt
#!*$%:)

thanks for agreeing on keeping religion out of this. i hope others who decide to join in the conversation will do the same, so we can keep the thread opened. no matter how much it would sadden me, if the thread spirals into religious debate i'll be closing it down.

anyway, with that out of the way: i'd never encourage people to take any substance. you need to decide for yourself whether you are ready for it. i haven't seen the documentary but i have read the book multiple times, and if they are anything alike you'll know after watching/reading it what kind of an impact this kind of thing will have on your mind. for more info, follow the erowid link i gave and read some of the trip reports.

@p120d16y: i really don't think one psychedelic is 'heavier' than the others. first and foremost it all depends on dosage, and second it depends on the way you deal with what is thrown at you. all this stuff overthrows your common idea of what is real and what is 'normal', and you might not be prepared for the things you will see, hear, feel and think. it can get scary, no matter what substance we're talking about. which is why i advice, above all, caution, preparation and sanity.

@swftech: i am not personally familiar with it, but have read a lot about it and am experienced with other psychedelic substances (well, in fact, one is never really 'experienced' imo, it will always be scary and uncertain what the outcome will be). like i said before, but can't say this enough: read up on it. read lots. i have no idea what your previous psychedelic experience is, but try and get a feel of the impact this thing will have before you even consider trying it.

#24 2012-08-24 16:47:59

p120d16y
#! Die Hard

No problem. I just don't think it is exactly the right place to have full out disclosure, but I would assume you should know what the precursors are to DMT, and should have plenty of experience with those other few items first.

Mainly to be able to handle it without anxiety. A DMT trip although only lasting 10-15 minutes will/can feel mentally like you literally were gone for a very long time. Hours, days, or even a lifetime.
It will completely dissociate you from your physical body, and while you are on your trip you cannot even see or distinguish your own physical body whatsoever. You do not know you are even a human or that you even exist. It's like dreaming.

@rhowaldt, it certainly is much more intense than LSD, salvia divinorum (even at 80x,)etc.
I can vouch that it's stronger than 100ug or more of LSD easily. It is very profound. IF you've ever had a completely dissociated, out-of-body salvia experience, multiply that by 5-10x.
Really, there's almost no comparison. Though it is fairly close to highly concentrated diviners sage.

Last edited by p120d16y (2012-08-24 16:55:56)

---Thomas Jefferson ---

Be excellent to each other!

#25 2012-08-24 16:50:58

swftech
#! CrunchBanger
Website

rhowaldt wrote:

i have no idea what your previous psychedelic experience is, but try and get a feel of the impact this thing will have before you even consider trying it.

Back in high school in the mid 80's I had my share of plenty psychedelic substances, so I am very familiar with them. I will read the book as well since books are usually better than a movie or documentary. Thanks again.

Board footer