I installed Docky, then Google Chrome. Every time I try to pin it to the dock there is no option to pin it. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I have googled around a bit, to no avail
Last edited by horuden (2012-07-03 20:28:20)
1) Install gconf-editor (sudo apt-get install gconf-editor).
2) Press ALT+F2 and type gconf-editor.
3) Navigate to /apps/docky-2 - note that Docky should not be running (or it may override your changes) and that any changes made require a restart of Docky.
4) navigate to /apps/docky-2/Docky/Interface/DockPreferences/Dockn
5) go to -> Launchers
6) add the comma-separated path: file:////usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop
7) close gconf-editor and restart docky.
If it doesn't show up, you maybe have to create the /usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop file as root. Check if you actually have it: cat /usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop
9) If not, you can use Iceweasel's desktop file and modify the path and save it to google-chrome.desktop
Sweaty lads picking up the soap | I love the new "Ignore user" button
Hi just want to say that it worked for me too after a few hours of trying and this is the only place where i found the solution so i suscribed thanks again
Last edited by lmlove (2014-05-31 05:37:03)
New to the Linux world and i love it
I suscribed too to say thanks!