SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-14 13:19:13

pothi
Website

[Solved] Adobe Air Installation Issue

Hello,

I tried to install Adobe Air in my Dell Mini (1012 Inspiron, 32 bit). I downloaded it from http://get.adobe.com/air/ that led me to http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived- … rsion.html from which I downloaded 2.6 runtime. It was a "bin" file. I changed the permission to "execute" it. When executed (as a normal user or as a root), I'd always get the following error...

Adobe AIR could not be installed. Install either Gnome Keyring or KDE KWallet before installing Adobe AIR.

The gnome-keyring has already been installed. I tried installing the libgnome-keyring-dev and libpam-gnome-keyring packages with no luck. The gnome-keyring is in /usr/bin that is in the $PATH too.

I see the following line in ~/.appdata/Adobe/AIR/Logs/Install.log

[setup:2823][INFO] Runtime Installer begin with version 2.6.0.19170 on Linux x86
[setup:2823][INFO] Commandline is:
[setup:2823][INFO] No installed runtime detected
[setup:2823][INFO] Relaunching with elevation
[setup:2823][INFO] Launching subprocess with commandline /tmp/air.njTKtV/setup -ei
[setup:2839][INFO] Runtime Installer begin with version 2.6.0.19170 on Linux x86
[setup:2839][INFO] Commandline is: -stdio /tmp/air.omrQxw/channel -ei
[setup:2839][INFO] No installed runtime detected
[setup:2839][INFO] Starting silent runtime install. Installing runtime version 2.6.0.19170
[setup:2839][INFO] Session detected: GNOME
[setup:2839][ERR] Exiting due to error: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Unable to find kwallet/gnome-keyring... Aborting installation." errorID=5025]
[setup:2823][ERR] Exiting due to error: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Unable to find kwallet/gnome-keyring... Aborting installation." errorID=5025]
[setup:2839][ERR] Runtime Installer end with exit code 7
[setup:2823][ERR] Runtime Installer end with exit code 7

BTW, I didn't install SDK. I'm trying to run an application (Elance Tracker) that requires Adobe Air. I assumed I only needed the runtime, not the SDK.

I tried installing Adobe Air in "Live Session" too, without any luck. sad

I tried a few things mentioned here... http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/troublesh … e-els.html (like starting gnome-keyring-daemon and setting up "GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID", again with no luck.

The output of "ps aux | grep keyring" is

pothi     4283  0.0  0.3  42716  3180 pts/1    Sl   18:40   0:00 gnome-keyring-daemon
pothi     4336  0.0  0.0   3524   788 pts/1    S+   18:46   0:00 grep keyring

Any pointers on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for any help on this.

Pothi

Last edited by pothi (2012-06-14 13:51:00)

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-06-14 13:23:51

machinebacon
#! unstable
Website

Re: [Solved] Adobe Air Installation Issue

Google shows:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/87447/ho … -adobe-air

" Sorry, an error has occured. Adobe AIR could not be installed. Install either Gnome Keyring or KDE KWallet before installing Adobe AIR."

This can be fixed:

Terminal, Ctrl+Alt+T - locate libgnome-keyring.so - (locate libgnome-keyring.so)

This is my result (yours might be different):

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0

Create a symbolic link to your location strings that you found with the previous commands:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0 /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0 /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0

Use following commands for 32-bit systems:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0 /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0 /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0

Then repeat step 4 & 6 not 5 as the permission to execute the folder has already been changed.

Remove symbolic links after installation of Adobe AIR 2.6.0:

sudo rm /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0

sudo rm /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0

Sweaty lads picking up the soap | I love the new "Ignore user" button

#3 2012-06-14 13:45:07

pothi
Website

Thanks so much.

I could install the Adobe Air by following the instructions provided in that link.

As my netbook is a 32 bit hardware, I missed to do the following two steps...

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0 /usr/lib/
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0 /usr/lib/

Thanks again for your time to help with my issue.

Time to learn to search in Google. smile

#4 2012-06-14 13:47:08

machinebacon
#! unstable
Website

Oh it's no problem. Many people don't dare to click on Ubuntu solutions, though most of them work over here, too smile Mark it solved wink (edit first post, change subject line)

Sweaty lads picking up the soap | I love the new "Ignore user" button

#5 2012-06-14 13:53:25

pothi
Website

Personally, I've been searching for answers (from Google) with "CrunchBang" or "Debian", "Fedora"(!), "SuSE"(!!). Never looked at Ubuntu solutions. smile

I marked this post as solved too. smile Forgot the basics. sad

#6 2013-05-01 18:26:05

thomassisson
Website

If you are running a pure KDE without Gnome Keyring, you will need to do the same thing with KWallet libraries. You may need to use locate to find the libraries. This command will pull in more than the libraries.

locate kwallet

I then did this for my 64-bit system:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsvn_auth_kwallet-1.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libsvn_auth_kwallet-1.so.0.0
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsvn_auth_kwallet-1.so.1 /usr/lib/libsvn_auth_kwallet-1.so.1

I don't see that deleting the symlinks is necessary for KWallet or Gnome Keyring. They will be helpful for other programs that look for those libraries in /usr/lib. They would only need to removed if the libraries were removed.

Board footer