SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-12 13:13:02

frankob
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Installer freezes at network setup on off-line machine

While the live session seems to work fine, the installer freezes at network setup.
I was told on this forums to enable DHCP in the router, but the fact is that I am not using a wired connection while installing at all, because I don't have physical access to the router, and have only wireless means to connect to it. This seems to confuse the installer and freeze at that point. This makes impossible to install Waldorf for users in a situation similar to mine. The Statler installer doesn't have such problems, and installs fine on off-line machines.

I am now considering upgrading with apt-get (changing repos and all that), but I felt it was important to report this regression, as I haven't found it reported anywhere on this forums yet.

Omnia sunt communia.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-06-17 22:41:05

omns
#! wanderer

Re: Installer freezes at network setup on off-line machine

Interesting, I didn't have that problem on my netbook. Installing offline just went ahead as normal.

#3 2012-06-22 09:55:38

vic
#! by Default

Re: Installer freezes at network setup on off-line machine

If it freezes at "Detect network hardware", try my method, It has worked three times for me. Go grab a coffee, enjoy it and do nothing for fifteen minutes or so, then it continues as normal. Last time this happened, two days ago I did that, and sat in front of my desktop waiting drinking coffee. I had that screen up there for ten or fifteen minutes (Detect network hardware), suddenly my screen goes to sleep and turns black. I reach out with my hand immediately and move the mouse to get my screen back, and in this moment the installer continues as normal, install went fine. I did not use a wired connection, did try that when my first install failed, nothing helped. Try it, it might work! smile

#!, all else is but a shadow.

Board footer