SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-21 17:03:50

f.g.

multiple monitor question.

hi,
I've just come back to #! having tried it on a couple of occasions in my past and always loved the basic idea of #!, though never really settling (neurotically switching to bulkyer distro, or more minimalist distros, I've now promised myself to stay put). So I would like to say hello to everyone in the chrunchbang community: "hi"

now my actual query is this, I use an asus netbook 1005-px alot of the time. I often attach it to external monitors, large tv's and projectors. i'm currently using grandr to configure these, however the utility doesn't really do what I want often the results seem to be un-predictable and/or incorrect (ie not looking how they're set). I often seem to loose the bar at the bottom of the screen, or my wallpaper.

so, are their any tips or tricks to work out these kinks? a, I doing something supid (the answer to this is usually yes)? is there another utility that anyone would recommend? what i'm looking for is a way to easily/quikly configure a second monitor of varying dimensions as an impermanent setup. The Ubuntu monitor utility is quite good for this, although i don't know what its called.

thanks for any replies.

Board footer