SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-02 12:01:49

darkgaze

What the hell is SUPER key in that right side help?

Hi there. I wonder if i'm the only noob that tried every key to see what the hell Super key means in that right side text help (looking great, really).

I'm spanish, maybe we call it different.

DG  < !#

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2008-12-02 12:15:09

corenominal
WRONG
Website

Re: What the hell is SUPER key in that right side help?

Hi darkgaze smile

The Super key is sometimes referred to as the Windows key. Actually, it is nearly always referred to as the Windows key, but I could not bring myself to name it as that big_smile

Note: some keyboards do not feature the key.

#3 2008-12-02 12:34:43

razienwolf
#! CrunchBanger

The Super key is sometimes referred to as the Windows key. Actually, it is nearly always referred to as the Windows key, but I could not bring myself to name it as that

Maybe I'm wrong, but at linux this key is always referred as super. At least I've always read this way.

#4 2008-12-02 21:39:11

darkgaze

oh U_U....

My Aspire one DOESN't have a windows key. It has a "home" key instead, but i haven´t tried it at all... i hope it works.
Thanks!!

What could i do to use another combination??... U_U i´m really looking for some shortcut.

#5 2008-12-02 22:03:02

swj
Eagle Eyes

darkgaze wrote:

oh U_U....

My Aspire one DOESN't have a windows key. It has a "home" key instead, but i haven´t tried it at all... i hope it works.
Thanks!!

What could i do to use another combination??... U_U i´m really looking for some shortcut.

No 'windows key'?  I assume you have a aspire netbook?  In any case, I think keyboard bindings can be located in the rc.xml file.  Maybe you could bind the Home key (Super-L) as the 'Windows' key? ;)

Edit: Perhaps an openbox config expert will emerge? Maybe config ninja would be another good nickname for someone.  ;)

Last edited by swj (2008-12-02 22:07:10)

#6 2008-12-03 07:47:59

fabsh
#1 Linux Outlaw
Website

I've seen it referred to as the super key a lot as well in the *nix world. Maybe we need to rename it the "Redmond Key".

@darkgaze: Maybe you could use the fn key for mapping (at least the keys that have no fn function).

Board footer