SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-07 02:07:57

rstrcogburn
CrunchRanger
Website

System Rescue CD

While a few of you may be familiar with it.  I thought I'd share the power/usefulness of this distro.  I've been sticking to Funtoo current as my main machine lately which is easily installed with SRC.  SRC has so many more uselful features though.  I'd say it is very akin to GRML but in the Gentoo world.  IT has putty/grub super disk/ and multiarch kernels on one iso.  It's  a great way to install Gentoo based systems and debian based systems too.. On the debian side of things you can do a manual install of debootstrap and roll from there.  I'd say it's the only cd you need in your arsenal and you can install anything from it.  It also has great zsh configs for the config junkie to get started with.  One thing about SRC zsh configs that seem different is how modular they are.  Somehting that could be added to the GRML chainsaw approach.  Anwyways, download and burn SRC if you need a good cd to fix things, or install some sort of linux base system, you won't be dissatisfied.

That hawk just kept flying! -Ben Lilly

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2011-04-07 07:12:56

bezlbum

Re: System Rescue CD

My favorite thing about sysrcd is its ability to boot completely into ram. That way I can image an entire lab from one usb drive. Also it is nice that  it sets up and generates ssh rsa keys at boot. smile

Board footer