SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-05 23:22:27

france75006

"next Statler images"

what do you gather from this:

As for the seedboxes, I opted to use rtorrent on CrunchBang’s existing file servers. I have set-up the rtorrent instances to run as services with GNU Screen. I have not fully tested the set-up yet, but I think I have it all configured correctly — I guess I will found out when the next Statler images are ready, which should be within a couple of days.

taken from http://corenominal.org/2010/12/05/opent … runchbang/

Asus 1001PX:  Waldorf
HP ProLiant MicroServer: Wheezy
Lenovo E330: Waldorf
Dell T20: Jessie

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2010-12-06 00:00:22

nathwill
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Re: "next Statler images"

sounds like he's about to launch the next statler revision, and is preparing torrent servers to handle the traffic. exceptional planning. smile i've got a seedbox up and running and will start seeding as soon as i see a new image become available.

NOTICE: alloc: /dev/null: filesystem full

#3 2010-12-06 03:59:20

jmbarnes
#! Junkie

On both fronts--the tracker/torrent and the new release--this is very exciting news.  I'll be putting it up on my home server/seedbox. Demand for A2 is still kicking strong (my ratio on it is over 40) so I can't imagine this wont be a hit.

IRC: PizzaAndWine     Script bits: Incremental Backup | Sleep Timer

#4 2010-12-06 06:12:12

Chewie
#! CrunchBanger

Well I know what is going on my other HDD, and I wish I could host a seedbox and spread this greatness =[

#!CrunchBang Linux ~$ apt-get into it | #!(Statler:R20101205): OpenBox | Like To Program?
                          “The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”

#5 2010-12-06 06:24:39

rstrcogburn
CrunchRanger
Website

O_o

That hawk just kept flying! -Ben Lilly

#6 2010-12-06 12:38:33

luc
#! Die Hard

sounds like we will all be happy kids before christmas smile
+1 for official torrents.
luc

#7 2010-12-06 16:02:47

doomonyou

This was the news I was waiting for.  I will have to put the new CrunchBang through its paces.

#8 2010-12-06 19:22:05

MartinRF
#! Junkie
Website

jmbarnes wrote:

On both fronts--the tracker/torrent and the new release--this is very exciting news.  I'll be putting it up on my home server/seedbox. Demand for A2 is still kicking strong (my ratio on it is over 40) so I can't imagine this wont be a hit.

I installed A2 a few days ago on my new computer. Will the new release be different than an A2 up-graded from repo? I was planning to spend a little more time on installing favorite SW and doing adjustments before migrating from the old computer. Should I hold my horses? Do I have to do a clean install?

/Martin

#9 2010-12-06 19:33:23

snowpine
#!-a-roo

MartinRF wrote:

I installed A2 a few days ago on my new computer. Will the new release be different than an A2 up-graded from repo? I was planning to spend a little more time on installing favorite SW and doing adjustments before migrating from the old computer. Should I hold my horses? Do I have to do a clean install?

Hi Martin, only one person knows the answer to that question at the moment. smile

It is probably the next release will not simply be "A2 up-graded from repo" and it may potentially have bug fixes, new features, different default applications, artwork, menus, scripts, etc.

I have always done a fresh reinstall in the past when there is a new release.

But again, I do not know the answers, just an educated guess based on my experience using #! since 8.04. Corenomial historically does not show his hand until it's time...

/hugged

#10 2010-12-06 20:19:34

MartinRF
#! Junkie
Website

snowpine wrote:
MartinRF wrote:

Hi Martin, only one person knows the answer to that question at the moment. smile

It is probably the next release will not simply be "A2 up-graded from repo" and it may potentially have bug fixes, new features, different default applications, artwork, menus, scripts, etc.

I have always done a fresh reinstall in the past when there is a new release.

But again, I do not know the answers, just an educated guess based on my experience using #! since 8.04. Corenomial historically does not show his hand until it's time...

Nail biting times...

/Martin

#11 2010-12-07 00:05:23

chameleon
UK #! Guy
Website

It would be nice to know if the next Statler images will appear in 2010 or 2011 wink

#12 2010-12-07 01:01:54

Chewie
#! CrunchBanger

/agree

#!CrunchBang Linux ~$ apt-get into it | #!(Statler:R20101205): OpenBox | Like To Program?

#13 2010-12-07 02:02:31

corenominal
WRONG
Website

chameleon wrote:

It would be nice to know if the next Statler images will appear in 2010 or 2011 wink

See: http://crunchbanglinux.org/downloads/statler/20101205/

There are no release notes yet, but feel free to give it a go. smile

#14 2010-12-07 02:19:06

snowpine
#!-a-roo

Yay! smile

/hugged

#15 2010-12-07 02:48:27

Chewie
#! CrunchBanger

yikes Fresh Lightscribes ready to burn too wink, good work my man. Please, keep it up!

#16 2010-12-07 02:54:35

Chewie
#! CrunchBanger

@core: Now how is this going to work are you going to make the alpha a "stable" and turn this to "testing"? Or do you not plan on having a "stable" and "testing" option?

#17 2010-12-07 03:21:49

corenominal
WRONG
Website

Viaurl wrote:

@core: Now how is this going to work are you going to make the alpha a "stable" and turn this to "testing"? Or do you not plan on having a "stable" and "testing" option?

The alpha images are now depreciated and they will be removed from the file servers. The "current" Statler release is r20101205, which as you might have guessed, is constructed from the date the images were built on.

Any future releases will use the same date identifier. I think it is more useful than using "alpha", "beta" tags, which are kind of meaningless. It was probably a good idea to tag the first couple of Debian based builds as alphas, but now that the build process is sorted, it is not necessary.

#18 2010-12-07 03:27:54

Chewie
#! CrunchBanger

I get it, rational IMHO. Thank you.

#19 2010-12-07 04:28:48

Toolz
#! Die Hard

corenominal wrote:

The "current" Statler release is r20101205,

So it's a 'release'?

corenominal wrote:

Any future releases will use the same date identifier. I think it is more useful than using "alpha", "beta" tags, which are kind of meaningless. It was probably a good idea to tag the first couple of Debian based builds as alphas, but now that the build process is sorted, it is not necessary.

Any future pre-releases or any future 'releases'?

I mean is this considered 'release' or 'development'? You know, from the point of view of Distrowatch and write-ups.

#20 2010-12-07 04:36:10

corenominal
WRONG
Website

Toolz wrote:
corenominal wrote:

I mean is this considered 'release' or 'development'? You know, from the point of view of Distrowatch and write-ups.

It is a release, as in the images have been released and made public. If anyone would like to apply any other labels, that is their choice. smile

#21 2010-12-07 04:47:20

Toolz
#! Die Hard

corenominal wrote:
Toolz wrote:
corenominal wrote:

It is a release, as in the images have been released and made public. If anyone would like to apply any other labels, that is their choice. smile

Choice, mmm. So all future images released and made public will have that date identifier? This date identifier shouldn't guide people to thinking it's more or less 'release' or 'development', officially?

#22 2010-12-07 04:59:36

chameleon
UK #! Guy
Website

@corenominal
Perfect-I will be downloading straight after my night shift big_smile

#23 2010-12-07 05:17:37

corenominal
WRONG
Website

Toolz wrote:
corenominal wrote:
Toolz wrote:

Choice, mmm. So all future images released and made public will have that date identifier? This date identifier shouldn't guide people to thinking it's more or less 'release' or 'development', officially?

Okay, so I can see this might need some explaining on my part. I will try and publish a more thorough explanation when I get time.

#24 2010-12-07 19:55:34

hapenny

corenominal wrote:

Great, my download is at 34% right now smile

Adding up the numbers in the release date = 11 (if you ignore the zeros).
So with tongue in cheek my label is "Lizzie'sLegs" - or eleven on the dart board.

Thanks, corenominal, for bringing this superlative distro to us smile

Cheers,

A day without chilies is a day wasted

Be excellent to each other!

#25 2010-12-08 00:19:04

corenominal
WRONG
Website

yakrider wrote:

Adding up the numbers in the release date = 11 (if you ignore the zeros).
So with tongue in cheek my label is "Lizzie'sLegs" - or eleven on the dart board.

I missed a trick there, I should have built the images a day earlier! lol

Board footer