+1 for the comments regarding Debian testing
Over the years I have found that SId is the way to go for the fastest fix to problems.
I have abandoned a few personal ISO projects based on testing for this very reason.
Sid will not be problem free but my advice would be to avoid testing.
My attempt at the resurrection of Livarp 'livarpsid'
Debian Sid+Liquorix kernel
HOT OF THE PRESS! download here;
spectrwm updated to latest git version...more tweaks to come...
PLEASE NOTE: NO SUPPORT AT THE MOMENT...alpha rules
My main machine is Crunchbang-also for Mrs.Chameleon
However, I have run Arch and will do in the future.
VOID is really fast and the XBPS package system is fast also.
I run VOID as my main 'testing' distro on my test machine.
Repos download super fast here in Luxembourg.
You have to consider these points;
1. This supreme effort is run by one guy 'Juan RP'...just like corenominal...but without a Debian Base...so unique in that sense!
2. Easy install but to cli only...you have to grab what you want for 'X'+/- desktop wm/de
3. Nice small and friendly community but don't expect the package volume as per Arch AUR.
4. I have been running VOID for over a year with no issues for me (32bit and 64bit)
5. Rolling,rolling updates are super fast.
6. If you can you read the wiki...then there should be no major issues for you.
7. I would not recommend for newbies.
EDIT: I have compiled quite a few packages from git, for example, without major issues, dependencies are available in the repos.
Definitely worth your time to try out
^ Have you looked into Void Linux yet?
Easy install to cli.
Install desktop as to your liking.
XBPS is fast!
repos are fast!
support is friendly and fast!
just be prepared to read the wiki and take your time and you get a super stable up to date rolling distro...not based on anything else!
ps. Crunchy rocks too...but I am a die hard 'distro hopper' with a few SSDs to play with
P.S. You are just in time for XBPS 0.34
Hi Mr. Corenominal and devs,
Would it be possible to increase the avatar size a wee bit?
I've just changed mine...but it is a tad too small for my liking.
I understand the image restrictions... for obvious reasons.
Perhaps this could be a 'luxury' option after 'x' number of posts....
Just a thought Guys and Girls
Yep... Kingston HyperX SSD VOID 32bit install.
1 second from GRUB to TTY login
VOID is cool and xbps is fast.
Some packages might not be available yet but often the developer will oblige a package request...
I have found most packages available for my requirements of tiler window managers and openbox.