SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-01 14:17:23

Colossal_Crunch
#! CrunchBanger

Hey Everyone!

I've actually been here for a LONG time and seem to have a running history of posting stuff in the wrong places, sorry. I love crunchbang! Started using it actually after it was already "dead" interestingly enough. I tried about 6 different linux setups, but nothing is as cool. Yesterday I made the transition to bunsenlabs. I'm pretty new to linux altogether.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-06-01 16:41:56

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Re: Hey Everyone!

{hands on hips} WELL!  It's about time already!  48 posts under your belt and now you take the time to say Hi.

Scheech the nerve of some people.   lol  lol  lol

Welcome to BunsenLabs CC, can I call you CC for short?

There's free coffee & doughnuts down the hall in the Members Lounge, just don't touch damo's biscuits or any keyboards you may see laying around.  Might loose a finger or three.

If you take the last cuppa, be a nice person and make a fresh pot.

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#3 2015-06-01 16:51:51

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Hello again Colossal_Crunch!

Welcome to the community smile

#4 2015-06-01 20:21:41

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Welcome to the community and the distro, Colossal_Crunch.  Pretty gutsy to use CrunchBang if you're new to Linux.  I got my feet wet in Linux using Ubuntu back around 2003.

Linux User #586672
Come and Die -- Kyle Idleman

#5 2015-06-02 14:30:51

Colossal_Crunch
#! CrunchBanger

Sector11 wrote:

{hands on hips} WELL!  It's about time already!  48 posts under your belt and now you take the time to say Hi.

Scheech the nerve of some people.   lol  lol  lol

Welcome to BunsenLabs CC, can I call you CC for short?

There's free coffee & doughnuts down the hall in the Members Lounge, just don't touch damo's biscuits or any keyboards you may see laying around.  Might loose a finger or three.

If you take the last cuppa, be a nice person and make a fresh pot.

I had a cat named C.C. growing up and I never could figure out what in the heck C&C stood for, but I guess you could call me that. Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to avoid damo's keyboard & biscuits for sure.

#6 2015-06-02 14:44:24

Colossal_Crunch
#! CrunchBanger

KrunchTime wrote:

Welcome to the community and the distro, Colossal_Crunch.  Pretty gutsy to use CrunchBang if you're new to Linux.  I got my feet wet in Linux using Ubuntu back around 2003.

Long version,
Well, I'm not really that new and I actually had a odd introduction to linux. I started off with raspian actually. I built a few raspberry pi projects and then realized that I could do a lot of those projects on a much larger scale. So I installed debian on a old desktop pc and started using it. I found even more cool stuff to do with that pc, but the vanilla debian just wasn't as exciting as raspian had been. I then went to mint, ubuntu, and a few others before I stumbled on Crunchbang. Mint and ubuntu seem very user friendly but I wanted to get my hands a little dirty. Crunchbang I guess reminds me of raspian strangly enough. Raspian had a goal in mind. They want to help DIYers and programmers and so they have customized debian to fit those needs. In the same vein Crunchbang seems to try and help out those who are looking to customize their desktop enviroment for their own needs instead of deciding what those needs should be. Crunchbang is also very kind to older computers and most of mine are 5 plus years old now. Anyway, Crunchbang and bunsen are just plain cool.

Short version, I have been using linux for about 4 months now. I started with Raspian, moved to debian, landed on crunchbang, and now I'm working my way to bunsen Labs.

#7 2015-06-02 15:32:50

damo
#! gimpbanger

Hey, it's not me who is touchy about his keyboard, though someone did take my biscuits once!

And don't sit in one of the comfy chairs by the fire, because the old members like to sit there and make tutting noises from behind their newspapers wink

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#8 2015-06-02 19:02:30

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

tutt tutt {rustling pages} Careful with that OLD bit huh! {sip sip munch munch}  lol  lol

@ Colossal_Crunch (aka CC) you're going to be just fine here.  wink

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#9 2015-06-02 23:17:38

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Colossal_Crunch wrote:

Well, I'm not really that new...

Short version, I have been using linux for about 4 months now.

Dude, you're a new user. tongue

Linux User #586672
Come and Die -- Kyle Idleman

#10 2015-06-13 08:17:22

Temetka
#! CrunchBanger

Welcome to the forums.

Board footer