SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-21 17:22:47

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

how to backwards strip down Linux?

ok I'm going a different route.

Linux Crunchbang -> upgraded to Jessie -> then strip down to its underwear -> or maybe just a pair of socks -> by removing all of the openbox and xWindows and everything needed to be put into a netinstall state that this script needs it to be in -- but modding needed fields to insure I get to the proper run level 2-5 to get the needed prompt , then try this bunsenLabs netinstall script.

WHY am I asking to do it like that you ask?

because it seems others other then I are the only ones that can get a iso burned to a usb using Linux and have it boot into it so they can install off of it.

NOT the case with me. every trick and all of the how to's I've read and have been told to do DOES NOT work at all for me, Period!

*****###*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# IMPORTANT #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

soooo I got this #! already removed openbox did something that was suppose to put me into run level 2 or 3 maybe copy paste off a help page off one of them web sights that have the how to's to change it. nevertheless when I boot up it goes to the  SLiM login then it goes into X with just one term -- that don't move so when I started up a web browser it too don't move.

so I Clrt + Alt + f2- f7 into a different what ever they call it signed in and in this one the other one is doing a Jessie upgrade right now as I type this.

Sooo little ole me just want a try to see if I can get this BL-NetInstall script to work like this instead due to complacations to my system.

Last edited by userx-bw (2015-05-21 17:23:40)

"How can you learn how to fix it, if you don't break it first? ops
"the only way to get away with murder is - by killing time" swp 1997  monkey
"A computer is only as smart as the person using it"
"Just plug it in and see if it blows up, if not then take it apart and figure out how it works."

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-05-22 23:14:07

spacex
ew
Website

Re: how to backwards strip down Linux?

But hey dude, doesn't it make more sense to use a small netinstall.iso?

#3 2015-05-22 23:16:44

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

Re: how to backwards strip down Linux?

"How can you learn how to fix it, if you don't break it first? ops
"the only way to get away with murder is - by killing time" swp 1997  monkey
"A computer is only as smart as the person using it"
"Just plug it in and see if it blows up, if not then take it apart and figure out how it works."

Board footer