Ubu 15.04 minimal with OB in a VM. Flash through the repos.
I remember having this problem in an OS every now and then. It's recently reared it's ugly head again and I'd like to either resolve it or figure out how to reset the problem without rebooting the OS.
During the course of my day, I have a video of some sort open usually. Not necessarily playing, but paused to a certain spot if not. After a while, hours usually, it will begin playing at what looks like 4-5 times the normal speed and audio will no longer function. I've googled a bunch, but the only thing I find is an issue with pulseaudio requiring a restart, which I don't have installed.
Closing the browser and restarting does not resolve the issue. Looking in my processes, I don't see any zombie flash or browser pids. Any suggestions or ideas on what I can try the next time it happens or perhaps a magic bullet would be welcome.
Thanks for your time!
On slower machines I usually use a script like this;
https://github.com/brontosaurusrex/post … ter/bin/pt
(youtube-dl and mpv required)
Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2015-04-29 21:44:57)
thanks bront. The specs assigned to the VM are actually pretty darned nice. I don't have an issue with resources(processor usually sitting at 50% during movie play and no more than 1/4 mem being used at any time). Just for some reason it will sometimes do the fast forward thing and I can't figure out how to stop it without a reboot.
I wanted to update this issue. I don't think it's flash-related, that's just what I'm always using. It's currently occuring so I opened up a file in VLC, no sound. Import into audacity is no good. It seems sound related.
I tried restarting alsa:
schwim@schwim-vb-UbOb-1504:~$ sudo alsa reload
Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-seq-midi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device snd-intel8x0 snd-ac97-codec snd-pcm snd-timer (failed: modules still loaded: snd-intel8x0 snd-ac97-codec snd-pcm snd-timer).
Loading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-seq-midi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device snd-intel8x0 snd-ac97-codec snd-pcm snd-timer.
Problem persists after restart. I'm not sure if the errors above are the reason why.
I'm refraining from a restart in the hopes that you guys might be able to suggest something to try while it's rearing it's ugly head.