SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-04 20:07:34

hhh
Cityspeak

Icons

Faenza-Dark-Crunchbang (inherits icons from Faenza-Crunchbang, so that should be present as well)  for default?

Can we let go of Crunchbang-gnome and Statler-gnome-colors (or whatever they're named)?

Also, I remember that AnyColorYouLike color switching doesn't work OOTB in jessie. My notes list just 2 packages I had to install...

sudo apt-get install librsvg2-bin python-glade2

... I'm not sure if that's right though. Can someone with a fresh-ish install test that and list what other packages those pull, in?

Thanks.

bunsenlabs     8)     forum mod squad

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-03-04 20:55:08

damo
#! gimpbanger

Re: Icons

I would love it if the gnome icons were binned - first thing I changed on a fresh install, cos I detest them. It would be nice if ACYL was an option.

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#3 2015-03-04 22:43:56

brontosaurusrex
#! Red Menace

hhh wrote:
sudo apt-get install librsvg2-bin python-glade2

... I'm not sure if that's right though. Can someone with a fresh-ish install test that and list what other packages those pull, in?

something installed that for me already, about the script_gui.py: it appears that "Switch Icons" tab is problematic, the apply button stays ghosted, so one has to change color, before anything can be applied.

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2015-03-04 22:44:09)

#4 2015-03-05 00:33:45

johnraff
nullglob
Website

hhh wrote:

Faenza-Dark-Crunchbang (inherits icons from Faenza-Crunchbang, so that should be present as well)  for default?

They're both in the faenza-crunchbang-icon-theme package. F-D-C inherits F-C (in fact, nearly everything is in F-C), and F-C inherits "gnome".

Faenza-Crunchbang's index.theme wrote:

Inherits=gnome,hicolor

hicolor is a system default that has to be present and "gnome" comes from the gnome-icon-theme. I'm not sure exactly how many gnome icons are actually used by Faenza-Crunchbang though - maybe it's only to cover a few corner cases.

Can we let go of Crunchbang-gnome and Statler-gnome-colors (or whatever they're named)?

hhh I'm sorry but you'll have to figure out the names of packages you'd like dropped before people can have an opinion about it... tongue

I personally find Faenza-Dark-Crunchbang about the only icon theme I can tolerate. All the others just irritate in one way or another...

...of course, that doesn't mean there might not be something better out there. Don't want to stand in the way of progress or anything, you understand...

Last edited by johnraff (2015-03-05 00:36:29)

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
#! forum moderator    BunsenLabs

#5 2015-03-05 00:55:56

hhh
Cityspeak

johnraff wrote:

hhh I'm sorry but you'll have to figure out the names of packages you'd like dropped before people can have an opinion about it... tongue

I'm wondering what you'll want put in, not taken out. I can't recall the default waldorf set but I thought it was a gray-scale version of Gnome. Statler-colors was included in statler (I think there were 2 varieties, actually) and was built from gnome-colors...
https://code.google.com/p/gnome-colors/

Faenza is actually not a very usable icon set, in that usable icons are not supposed to all have the same shape. They're also not supposed to all have the same color and I use AnyColorYouLike, so meh. tongue

#6 2015-03-05 01:32:11

damo
#! gimpbanger

hhh wrote:

Faenza is actually not a very usable icon set, in that usable icons are not supposed to all have the same shape. They're also not supposed to all have the same color and I use AnyColorYouLike, so meh. tongue

I quite like Faenza big_smile

Thinks......it isn't a difficult task to tint them to fit with Bunsen1-blue.
...Or use something like Faenza-Cupertino?

Maybe BunsenLabs Helium will have it's own icon set wink

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#7 2015-03-05 01:59:44

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Hmm... people's tastes differ I guess. I find the uniformity of Faenza-Crunchbang soothing, but I'm very happy to leave decisions on this stuff to people who understand the issues better than I do. I'll be free to install whatever icons I like later on anyway, so go ahead and choose something that fits with the BunsenLabs theming.

Oh yes, the default Waldorf icon theme was changed from Faenza to "crunchbang" at some point - the latter is much lighter, but this is because many categories are empty, inheriting from gnome. I particularly hate the gnome folder icons (and many other gnome icons) so switched back to Faenza-Crunchbang right away.

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
#! forum moderator    BunsenLabs

#8 2015-03-05 03:17:46

hhh
Cityspeak

OK, until further notice, Faenza-Crunchbang and Faenza-Dark-Crunchbang, with Faenza-Dark_Crunchbang set as default, assuming we're not messing with the tint2 config significantly.

Board footer