SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-02 19:42:05

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

2014 - Brasil - FIFA World Cup

Interested in the World Cup this month in Brasil (Brazil) here's a spreadsheet (made for MS Excel) that saves perfectly in .ods format (Libre Office)
2014_06_02_16_26_26_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg
I grabbed the Linux version (worldcup2014.zip) here: iCup 2014 Brazil for desktop (Mac, Windows, Linux)

Check the "Settings" for:

1. language

2. local time

Then return to the main page and save it as an .ods file with no spaces in the name.

OB Menus starts it like this:

localc /media/5/FIFA_2014/World_Cup_2014.ods

- path and file name will vary to your choosing.

worldcup2014.zip comes with:

1. /media/5/FIFA_2014/License.txt

2. /media/5/FIFA_2014/Translate.xlsx

3. /media/5/FIFA_2014/World Cup 2014.xlsx

4. /media/5/FIFA_2014/World Cup 2014 (bracket layout).xlsx

VAMOS ARGENTINA!
It's a Messi World!

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2014-06-02 19:45:19

Alad
Software Satan

Re: 2014 - Brasil - FIFA World Cup

Where's the excel sheet for managing bets?  ]:D

Good work  wink

Last edited by Alad (2014-06-02 19:46:19)

#3 2014-06-02 19:58:46

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

I'm from England --- I won't be needing all of that...

#4 2014-06-02 20:10:24

pvsage
Internal Affairs

...almost reached for The Big Shiny Red Button based on thread title... tongue

#5 2014-06-02 20:17:36

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Sector11 wrote:

VAMOS ARGENTINA!
It's a Messi World!

. . . but someone has to clean it up. big_smile

Taking a look now. Not a big football/soccer fan, but it would be interesting to see.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#6 2014-06-02 20:49:49

damo
#! gimpbanger

pvsage wrote:

And I'm taking 2 weeks holiday for the knockout stages so I won't miss any games big_smile

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#7 2014-06-02 22:47:33

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Alad wrote:

Where's the excel sheet for managing bets?  ]:D

Good work  wink

Not a clue ... check the site.  big_smile  The hyperlinks don't work for me, I see the "Betting one" is "ads" anyway, so I'm just as glad I don't "bet"
Image of the link

#8 2014-06-03 00:39:10

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

pvsage wrote:

You and that Big Shiny Red Button, it's like an addiction!

Please follow the instructions.  O:)

#9 2014-06-03 00:45:01

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

lcafiero wrote:
Sector11 wrote:

VAMOS ARGENTINA!
It's a Messi World!

. . . but someone has to clean it up. big_smile

Taking a look now. Not a big football/soccer fan, but it would be interesting to see.

lol  lol Poor Messi ... wait a sec ... he ain't poor!

Anyway to continue first he was a flea (La Pulga) and now he needs to be cleaned up.

If they sprinkle flea powder on the Argentinian team we're done for!

#10 2014-06-03 00:47:19

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

I'm from England --- I won't be needing all of that...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm being optimistic, my wife is a huge fan  big_smile

#11 2014-06-03 03:55:22

twoion

damo wrote:
pvsage wrote:

And I'm taking 2 weeks holiday for the knockout stages so I won't miss any games big_smile

As a policy maker, these 2 weeks are the exact time frame when I'm going to get my especially questionable legistlation approved by parliament and buy another submarine or two <3

Tannhäuser ~ {www,pkg,ddl}.bunsenlabs.org/{gitlog,repoidx}

#12 2014-06-03 14:57:45

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

twoion wrote:

As a policy maker, these 2 weeks are the exact time frame when I'm going to get my especially questionable legistlation approved by parliament and buy another submarine or two <3

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh water polo at the extreme!  Now that's a sport!  big_smile

#13 2014-06-03 16:56:19

Joe90
#! Junkie

Apparently England are going to win:

footie.jpg

#14 2014-06-03 18:15:54

#!_828
#! Tinfoil Hat

After looking at that spreadsheet, I noticed how I'm still, on occasion, slightly put off by the whole football(soccer)/American football thing. In hindsight, without seeing the flags everywhere, threads like this could become very confusing  8o
Ah, I don't really understand either of them, so it makes no difference to me  lol

Those who would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither
Member of the (Un)Official #! Emergency Tinfoil Hat Distribution Center
Emergency Tinfoil Hat Conky Alert System development team

#15 2014-06-03 18:46:24

damo
#! gimpbanger

#!_828 wrote:

After looking at that spreadsheet, I noticed how I'm still, on occasion, slightly put off by the whole football(soccer)/American football thing. In hindsight, without seeing the flags everywhere, threads like this could become very confusing  8o
Ah, I don't really understand either of them, so it makes no difference to me  lol

Get back to your ponies, and let the jocks get on with the football tongue lol

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#16 2014-06-03 19:18:00

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Joe90 wrote:

Apparently England are going to win:

http://s29.postimg.org/ajzvo3xwj/footie.jpg

[shakes head sadly}

#17 2014-06-04 05:39:34

speedy_86
#! Member

As a Spaniard in Switzerland everyone around me expects me to be a football-crazed fan...meanwhile I played icehockey for nine years and the only interest in football is when Spain is in the finals...and even then I'm pretty detached.

I guess it's just totally not my sport.

Qui audet adipiscitur./Who dares, wins./Quien se atreve, gana./Wer wagt, gewinnt./Qui ose, gagne./Chi osa, vince.

Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?
- Gimli son of Gloín

#18 2014-06-04 11:46:42

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

speedy_86 wrote:

As a Spaniard in Switzerland everyone around me expects me to be a football-crazed fan...meanwhile I played icehockey for nine years and the only interest in football is when Spain is in the finals...and even then I'm pretty detached.

I guess it's just totally not my sport.

Ahhhh ... the fastest game in the world played on foot! Could I interest you in the Stanley Cup.

As a Canadian in Argentina I'm not a huge fan of football but it's a religion here I think, I support my wife. Give me hockey, baseball, lacrosse and rugby any day!  big_smile  And then, truth be known, I'm not a fanatic about any of them either.  But growing up with skates on  your feet three/four months of the year kinda puts hockey in the lead!

#19 2014-06-04 12:21:46

gutterslob
#! Resident Bum

My World Cup has already started, fwiw. As for this other World Cup featuring metrosexuals running around a field with thigh-high socks covering their shaved legs, get back to me once it actually starts. Might give the matches a go if they don't interfere with my cycling & motorsport schedules.

Can't really tell who wins. Brazil are at home, but they might capitulate under the pressure. Argentina have the habit of putting everything on Messi's shoulders. Spain are champs, but Xavi is too old and Iniesta is too bald. Germany lacks the efficiency of their old manufacturing sector. Italy might bore themselves to sleep with all that catenaccio. England's players are too busy shagging each other's wives. The Dutch are like their Halfzware, meaning nowhere near as good as they once were, and France is just too French. Portugal has that Christina chick who just annoys me with her stepovers.

Think I'll just support Croatia and Uruguay.

Last edited by gutterslob (2014-06-04 12:23:53)

Point & Squirt

#20 2014-06-04 13:20:38

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

@ gutterslob

lol  lol  lol  lol pounding desk  lol  lol  lol  lol
Ya know - you just might be right!

And I totally agree with your comment about Messi, he's good, no doubt about it.  But, with his home team where they all know each other and what's happening.

This is different, one man can't pull the whole show.

EDIT:  I missed the link!  Yea, those are "World Cups" are awesome too. Like: " new lap record of 117.366mph" Yikes!!!!!

#21 2014-06-04 13:21:14

speedy_86
#! Member

Jup, but as keeper it was my job to keep that small, fast bugger out of the cage! Well, I honestly prefer the Spengler Cup...it's massively closer to home wink

It's pretty much granted that I get flak for not liking football/soccer...especially with as many Italians, Portuguese and Spaniards are living here, there is a culture of total dismissal if you're not interested. Well, give me a book, a game, a bit of #! or some ice and my skates any day.
I understand that it's something a lot of people in Switzerland are passionate about, and I admit that it is pretty unusual for a Spaniard not to like futbol and to prefer icehockey to it, but it's just a sport...sometimes you could think their mother had just died with how some people react to a loss by their national team.

Last edited by speedy_86 (2014-06-04 13:23:45)

Qui audet adipiscitur./Who dares, wins./Quien se atreve, gana./Wer wagt, gewinnt./Qui ose, gagne./Chi osa, vince.

Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?
- Gimli son of Gloín

#22 2014-06-04 13:41:47

gutterslob
#! Resident Bum

^ A Spaniard not into footy isn't that rare. I mean, I know a few Spaniards who watch MotoGP and can't even tell what their city's football teams are. A Spaniard who's into winter-sports (like ice-hockey) is quite rare though. It's kinda like Jamaicans doing a bobsled team.

@Sector
That lap record you just read about was just set in the slowest category featuring electric bikes. 117mph average speed over a 33 mile course on public roads is still hella quick, until you see the 130+ mph laps set on the Superbikes.

Argentina's problems are two-fold. One is the dependence on Messi. The other; unlike teams like Germany and Spain who have majority of their players coming from just a few club teams (Spain is basically Barca + Real + Athletico, While Germany is almost a photocopy of Bayern Munich), Argentina's players come from all over the place, often from leagues with very different approaches. Makes for a very fractured team in terms of play-styles and mentality. You could say that Brazil have a similar problem, but they've somehow managed to cope with it better in the past.

Actually, I think I'll support the USA instead. A group of just 20+ dudes playing the right kind of football from a country of millions watching padded men fondling egg-shaped footlongs (seriously, was the NFL invented by Subway?). That signifies hope, if nothing else.

Last edited by gutterslob (2014-06-04 14:08:47)

Point & Squirt

#23 2014-06-04 13:42:22

damo
#! gimpbanger

I saw the record Superbikes TT lap last year (well, about 6 secs of it as he flashed past Ramsay waterworks bend wink ), but the Zeros are too quiet to be quite so impressive!

Last edited by damo (2014-06-04 13:43:27)

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#24 2014-06-04 13:43:03

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

speedy_86 wrote:

Jup, but as keeper it was my job to keep that small, fast bugger out of the cage! Well, I honestly prefer the Spengler Cup...it's massively closer to home wink

It's pretty much granted that I get flak for not liking football/soccer...especially with as many Italians, Portuguese and Spaniards are living here, there is a culture of total dismissal if you're not interested. Well, give me a book, a game, a bit of #! or some ice and my skates any day.
I understand that it's something a lot of people in Switzerland are passionate about, and I admit that it is pretty unusual for a Spaniard not to like futbol and to prefer icehockey to it, but it's just a sport...sometimes you could think their mother had just died with how some people react to a loss by their national team.

That makes sense, I see Team Canada is in there too, and no denying it is closer to home.  I'll have to check and see is there is any viewing of those games here.  I doubt it though hockey and or curling are not popular here.  Just futball!

Strange thing ... I have never heard it referred to as ice hockey until I came here. And that's because they play 'lawn' or 'grass' hockey here.

roll - NOT the same folks!
What is the fastest speed ever clocked on a hockey puck?

In: Ice Hockey    [Edit categories]
Answer:
The NHL All Star game record is 170.4 km/h (105.9 mph) by Zdeno Chara.
The KHL All Star game record is 177.58 km/h (110.3 mph) by Denis Kulyash.
The world record is 191.5 km/h (119 mph) by Bobby Hull.

I think the speed of Chara's slapshot went up to 108 mph during the last ALL Star Game's skill's competition. Even Shea Weber cracked 106 mph. Bobby Hull consistently had the hardest shot in hockey. Nobody nowadays comes close to his puck speed. It's remarkable that his brother Dennis also had a 100 mph + shot.

Now Bobby Hull was a man to watch ....

There's that Ice Hockey again  big_smile

But anyway I regress, this is about futball  big_smile

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#25 2014-06-04 14:17:24

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

@ gutterslob

It's kinda like Jamaicans doing a bobsled team.

- they did though and yea - too weird.

That lap record you just read about was just set in the slowest category featuring electric bikes. 117mph average speed over a 33 mile course on public roads is still hella quick, until you see the 130+ mph laps set on the Superbikes.

You made my point!  Wonder what pvsage get's on his 'bike', probably more like 117 mpg lol lol I'd still like to have his bike though

Argentina's problems are two-fold. One is the dependence on Messi. The other; unlike teams like Germany and Spain who have majority of their players coming from just a few club teams (Spain is basically Barca + Real + Athletico, While Germany is almost a photocopy of Bayern Munich), Argentina's players come from all over the place, often from leagues with very different approaches. Makes for a very fractured team in terms of play-styles and mentality. You could say that Brazil have a similar problem, but they've somehow managed to cope with it better in the past.

I was trying to say the same thing in my last post but the words just didn't come so I deleted it.  I think you hit dead centre of the bulls eye with that, GS.

Actually, I think I'll support the USA instead. A group of just 20+ dudes playing the right kind of football from a country of millions watching padded men fondling footlong egg-shaped balls (seriously, was the NFL invented by Subway?). That signifies hope, if nothing else.

I can hear my Scottich grandmother hearing you say that and I'd bet she'd break out laughing and agreeing!
Football (pointy ball) got it's start from football (round ball) by way of rugby.  And as my granny use to say "Canadian football is for sissy's if you want a man's game: it's rugby!", which I must admit is much better than US or Canadian football, they are different, and or futball/soccer.

Board footer