SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#426 2013-10-24 21:45:47

Malice
#! Member

Re: DDoS Attack 2013-10-17 (resolved)

lcafiero wrote:

No, and we're certainly not speculating publicly. Please refrain from taking this thread in that direction. Thank you.

+1

I understand that we would like to know who caused this trouble and make him pay for it(donating for #! wink ), but really, it's both unnecessary and potentially dangerous to post such things.
I mean, we can live without this knowledge; but if we knew who did it, some flame could start. If there is no one to blame, there is no one to flame. smile

And I'm sure server admins too would like to know who gave them additional work.

Be excellent to each other!

#427 2013-10-24 21:50:59

corenominal
WRONG
Website

pvsage wrote:

+1
I try not to simply "plus-one" a post without adding a comment, even if the comment is redundant.

I'm a minimalist  big_smile

Ex-developer of #! CrunchBang. Follow me on Twitter smile

#428 2013-10-24 21:58:09

#!_828
#! Tinfoil Hat

Malice wrote:
lcafiero wrote:

No, and we're certainly not speculating publicly. Please refrain from taking this thread in that direction. Thank you.

+1

I understand that we would like to know who caused this trouble and make him pay for it(donating for #! wink ), but really, it's both unnecessary and potentially dangerous to post such things.
I mean, we can live without this knowledge; but if we knew who did it, some flame could start. If there is no one to blame, there is no one to flame. smile

And I'm sure server admins too would like to know who gave them additional work.

Even if there may be some perceived danger, not only do the people have the right to know, but then we (meaning Philip & whoever owns the attacked server) could press charges & bring these a-holes to justice

#!_828 wrote:

Cue dramatic victory pose & inspiring anthem  big_smile
Like this:
Алексей Гордеевич Еременко
With this song.  big_smile

Those who would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither
Member of the (Un)Official #! Emergency Tinfoil Hat Distribution Center
Emergency Tinfoil Hat Conky Alert System development team

#429 2013-10-24 22:02:29

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

#!_828 wrote:

Even if there may be some perceived danger, not only do the people have the right to know, but then we (meaning Philip & whoever owns the attacked server) could press charges & bring these a-holes to justice

First of all, there's no danger. Secondly, any action on the distro's part will be done privately and not in the forums.

I think this thread has run its course.

/closed

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Board footer