SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-13 17:02:41

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

CrunchBang at LISA '12

For the tl;dr crowd, the link below tells the story of my staffing the Southern California Linux Expo booth at the Large Installment System Administration in San Diego (LISA '12) and how two CrunchBang-powered laptops are running the booth. Anyone else who wants to actually read what we're doing at LISA '12:

http://larrythecrunchbangguy.wordpress. … t-lisa-12/

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-12-13 21:33:13

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Re: CrunchBang at LISA '12

Nice.

In today's world of extreme multitasking, I have to wonder if both duties could have been handled with a single laptop.  I'm thinking one account logged in with luser rights and bound to the internal screen, keyboard, and trackpoint for registation, and another account (Larry t#!G) bound to the external monitor and a USB/wireless mouse and keyboard for the presentation.  Virtual thin clients, if you will.  The processing power is there - surely even the most modest modern laptops have surpassed the processing capabilities of the typical mainframe of 30 years ago, which routinely hosted dozens of accounts logged in via dumb terminal - and surely the software is already available?  Shouldn't be that much different from running a virtual machine...

Sorry, I'm rambling.

#3 2012-12-14 17:41:03

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Re: CrunchBang at LISA '12

Actually, pvsage, I hadn't thought of that, but that's completely doable.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Board footer