SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#3501 2012-10-28 05:17:31

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

stolid wrote:

Is there a way to have centered text with a hr on both sides? Kind of like: --- Text ---

My guess is that this is impossible, but I'd love to be proven wrong...

of course a short lua script could do this easily big_smile
you cant use the actual hr command that way but i think there are some ways to fudge it in a conkyrc... don't have access right now to test though

Offline

Be excellent to each other!

#3502 2012-10-28 05:48:09

McLovin
#! CrunchBanger
From: my computer chair
Registered: 2009-02-28
Posts: 105
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

mrpeachy wrote:
stolid wrote:

Is there a way to have centered text with a hr on both sides? Kind of like: --- Text ---

My guess is that this is impossible, but I'd love to be proven wrong...

of course a short lua script could do this easily big_smile
you cant use the actual hr command that way but i think there are some ways to fudge it in a conkyrc... don't have access right now to test though

its actually really easy to do, u can just use an execbar for some u don't have, for example, i use ${cpubar cpu9 8,60}text i want to show${cpubar cpu9 8,60}


8o Got /? | The first GUI, and "on-line" system was created in 1968 by Douglas Engelbart, the system included modern day innovations such as video conferencing, and on-line file sharing.

Offline

#3503 2012-10-28 06:01:41

stolid
#! CrunchBanger
Registered: 2012-09-06
Posts: 206

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

McLovin wrote:

its actually really easy to do, u can just use an execbar for some u don't have, for example, i use ${cpubar cpu9 8,60}text i want to show${cpubar cpu9 8,60}

That actually works fairly well using 1 height. Thanks.


Registered Linux User #555399
crunchbox:     Phenom II X6 1055T | 8GB RAM | OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | Radeon 7870XT | Win7 / #! 11 (i3 WM)
lambdacore:     4x Opteron 8431 | 16GB RAM | 2x1TB mirrored (ZFSoL) | Debian 7 (headless)
crunchtop:     Acer Aspire 1410 11.6" | 2GB RAM | Crucial M4 128GB | #! 11 (i3 WM)

Offline

#3504 2012-10-28 06:36:21

lwfitz
#! Die Hard
From: Monrovia, CA
Registered: 2012-01-19
Posts: 886
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

Something like this

${cpubar cpu0 0,115} your text ${cpubar cpu0 0,115}

Edit:

McLovin wrote:

its actually really easy to do, u can just use an execbar for some u don't have, for example, i use ${cpubar cpu9 8,60}text i want to show${cpubar cpu9 8,60}

Oops I didnt even see this post sorry hmm

Last edited by lwfitz (2012-10-28 06:37:47)

Offline

#3505 2012-10-28 12:48:42

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

johnraff wrote:

Sector11 flatters me if he suggests I have the answer to all things related to Japanese support. I don't generally use bitmap fonts much, but it just happens that machinebacon recommended the Chinese bitmap font xfonts-wqy a couple of days ago, and it includes "kana" so might display Japanese OK.

I wonder why you need two different fonts for English and Japanese? Japanese fonts usually include all the English characters too. For example, on my system I use VLP Gothic for everything, and it looks pretty nice.

Morning John, It was just a suggestion.  Little bug told me you use Japanese fonts.  big_smile


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#3506 2012-10-28 16:31:35

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

RE the --- text --- question

EDIT: 7 April 2014 - use: ${membar 0,xx} - works like a charm

Using a CPU# for a CPU you don'y have It's an old trick that got stuck with conky vv1.8.1-6 because that version started reporting:

You are using more CPUs than you have

mind you ${cpubar cpu0 1,200} still worked but your were using an 'active' CPU and could not really take it beyond ${cpubar cpu0 2,200} in thickness or you would see the 'bar' not a line.

It's working well again in Conky v1.9.0-2

I grabbed an old conky and revamped it to show some of the things that can be done:

  • --- txt ---

${cpubar cpu4 1,66} Disk Activity ${cpubar cpu4 1,66}
  • --- txt --- with a thicker bar

${cpubar cpu4 2,66} Disk Activity ${cpubar cpu4 2,66}
  • bars with a different colour border

${goto 30}${color8}${cpubar cpu4 1,66}${goto 30}${color9}${cpubar cpu4 3,66}
  • hollow bars

${cpubar cpu4 x,66} ## where x > 2
  • fat bars with the same colour

${goto 30}${color8}${cpubar cpu4 1,66}${goto 30}${cpubar cpu4 3,66}${goto 30}${cpubar cpu4 5,66}
  • fat bars with the different colours

${goto 30}${color7}${cpubar cpu4 1,66}${goto 30}${color8}${cpubar cpu4 3,66}${goto 30}${color9}${cpubar cpu4 5,66}
  • bars or graphs with different colour borders (see hollow bars)

${goto 70}${color1}${fs_bar /}${goto 70}${color8}${cpubar cpu4}${color}

The Revamped Sample:
adsiAVrK.jpg

The conky:
Note: Above TEXT:

## default bar size
default_bar_size 200 20
# killall conky && conky -c ~/Conky/S11_Disk_Activity.conky &
###  Begin Window Settings  ##################################################
# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window yes

# Use the Xdbe extension? (eliminates flicker)
# It is highly recommended to use own window with this one
# so double buffer won't be so big.
double_buffer yes

own_window_type normal
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
#own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
# own_window_colour #4d4d4d
own_window_class Conky
own_window_title Disk Activity

### ARGB can be used for real transparency
### NOTE that a composite manager is required for real transparency.
### This option will not work as desired (in most cases) in conjunction with
### own_window_type override
own_window_argb_visual yes

### When ARGB visuals are enabled, this use this to modify the alpha value
### Use: own_window_type normal
### Use: own_window_transparent no
### Valid range is 0-255, where 0 is 0% opacity, and 255 is 100% opacity.
#own_window_argb_value 150

minimum_size 325 0 ## width, height
maximum_width 325  ## width, usually a good idea to equal minimum width

gap_x 0 ### left &right
gap_y 80 ### up & down

alignment tm
####################################################  End Window Settings  ###
###  Font Settings  ##########################################################
# Use Xft (anti-aliased font and stuff)
use_xft yes
xftfont monofur:bold:size=12
#xftfont WenQuanYi Micro Hei Mono:size=8

# Alpha of Xft font. Must be a value at or between 1 and 0 ###
xftalpha 1
# Force UTF8? requires XFT ###
override_utf8_locale yes

draw_shades no #### <<<<<<------------------To see it easier on light screens.
#default_shade_color black

draw_outline no #### <<<<<<---------------- Amplifies text if yes
default_outline_color black

uppercase no
######################################################  End Font Settings  ###
###  Color Settings  #########################################################
default_shade_color gray
default_outline_color black

default_color DCDCDC #Gainsboro
color0 ffe595 #Teo Gold
color1 778899 #LightSlateGrey
color2 FF8C00 #Darkorange
color3 7FFF00 #Chartreuse
color4 FFA07A #LightSalmon
color5 FFDEAD #NavajoWhite
color6 00BFFF #DeepSkyBlue
color7 00FFFF #Cyan #48D1CC #MediumTurquoise
color8 FFFF00 #Yellow
color9 FF0000 #Red  #A52A2A #DarkRed
#####################################################  End Color Settings  ###
###  Borders Section  ########################################################
draw_borders no
# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 0
# border margins
border_inner_margin 5
border_outer_margin 0
# border width
border_width 0
# graph borders
draw_graph_borders no
#####################################################  End Borders Secton  ###
###  Miscellaneous Section  ##################################################

# Boolean value, if true, Conky will be forked to background when started.
background no

# Adds spaces around certain objects to stop them from moving other things
# around, this only helps if you are using a mono font
# Options: right, left or none
use_spacer right

# Default and Minimum size is 256 - needs more for single commands that
# "call" a lot of text IE: bash scripts
text_buffer_size 256

# Subtract (file system) buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# change GiB to G and MiB to M
short_units yes

# Like it says, ot pads the decimals on % values
# doesn't seem to work since v1.7.1
pad_percents 2

#   Maximum size of user text buffer, i.e. layout below TEXT line in config file
#  (default is 16384 bytes)
# max_user_text 16384

## default bar size
default_bar_size 200 20

##############################################  End Miscellaneous Section  ###
###  LUA Settings  ###########################################################
## Above and After TEXT - requires a composite manager or blinks.
##
# lua_load ~/Conky/LUA/dra2w-bg.lua
#TEXT
#${lua conky_draw_bg 10 0 0 0 0 0x000000 0.6}
#
## ${lua conky_draw_bg corner_radius x_position y_position width height color alpha}
##
## OR Both above TEXT (No composite manager required - no blinking!)
#
lua_load ~/Conky/LUA/draw-bg.lua
#lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg 10 0 0 0 0 0x000000 0.5
#
#######################################################  End LUA Settings  ###

#digiThe all important - How often conky refreshes.
# If you have a "Crey" try: 0.2 - smokin' - but watch the CPU useage go UP!
update_interval 1 # in seconds

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen
TEXT
${lua conky_draw_bg 10 0 0 0 0 0x000000 0.3}\
${goto 30}${color8}${cpubar cpu4 1,66}${color} Disk Activity ${color8}${cpubar cpu4 1,66}${color}\
${goto 30}${color9}${cpubar cpu4 3,66}${color}               ${color9}${cpubar cpu4 3,66}${color}\
${image ~/Conky/images/HDD.png -p 0,25 -s 50x50}
${goto 70}${diskiograph 49,200 FF0000 0000FF -t -l}${goto 70}${color8}${cpubar cpu4 49,200}${color}\
${voffset -35}${goto 80}SDA: R: ${diskio_read /dev/sda}
${goto 80}     W: ${diskio_write /dev/sda}

${goto 70}${color1}${fs_bar /}${goto 70}${color8}${cpubar cpu4}${color}
${voffset -30} /Root:  ${fs_size /}${goto 255}   ${fs_used_perc /}%
${goto 70}${color1}${fs_bar /home}${goto 70}${color8}${cpubar cpu4}${color}
${voffset -30} /Home:  ${fs_size /home}${goto 255}   ${fs_used_perc /home}%
${goto 70}${color1}${fs_bar /media/5}${goto 70}${color8}${cpubar cpu4}${color}
${voffset -30}  /M/5:  ${fs_size /media/5}${goto 255}   ${fs_used_perc /media/5}%

Last edited by Sector11 (2014-04-07 19:36:31)


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#3507 2012-10-28 16:33:11

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

lwfitz wrote:

Something like this

${cpubar cpu0 0,115} your text ${cpubar cpu0 0,115}

Edit:

McLovin wrote:

its actually really easy to do, u can just use an execbar for some u don't have, for example, i use ${cpubar cpu9 8,60}text i want to show${cpubar cpu9 8,60}

Oops I didnt even see this post sorry hmm

Relax - we all do it.  You simply confirmend it! big_smile


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#3508 2012-10-31 00:11:42

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding conky.

1. "pkill conky" works, it kills conky, but is there any way to use pkill to close individual conky-windows? It didn`t work for me... I will keep trying, but if there is an easy answer, then I would appreciate it:)))

2. In the autostart(waldorf), conky is started with "-q", and I have used "-d -c" for my custom conky. I don`t really have a clue what the difference is, and I have tried googling it, but to no avail.... Would appreciate a link to some info on this, or if anyone could list what -q -d -c etc... does, then it would be nice...


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#3509 2012-10-31 00:20:03

VastOne
#! Ranger
From: V-Ger
Registered: 2011-04-26
Posts: 10,165
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

^ The same code I produced for you in the tint2 thread will close individual conky's

example -

pkill -f .conkyrcwhatevermynameis

I just tested on my two running conky's and it killed them both, this way

vastone@vastone:~$ pkill -f .conkyrc5
vastone@vastone:~$ pkill -f .conkyrc2

From the conky man page here

-d | --daemonize
    Daemonize Conky, aka fork to background

-c | --config= FILE
    Config file to load instead of $HOME/.conkyrc

-q | --quiet
    Run Conky in 'quiet mode' (ie. no output)

Last edited by VastOne (2012-10-31 00:25:53)


VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

I dev VSIDO

Offline

#3510 2012-10-31 00:31:00

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

VastOne wrote:

^ The same code I produced for you in the tint2 thread will close individual conky's

example -

pkill -f .conkyrcwhatevermynameis

OK. I didn`t get it to work, probably because I was stupid enough to run it with gmrun. In terminal it works.


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#3511 2012-10-31 00:32:38

VastOne
#! Ranger
From: V-Ger
Registered: 2011-04-26
Posts: 10,165
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

^ One is never stupid when learning how it could or should be done...

Nice that you got it!

pkill can also be used in bash scripts should you want to use them that way.


VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

I dev VSIDO

Offline

#3512 2012-10-31 00:36:25

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

VastOne wrote:

^ The same code I produced for you in the tint2 thread will close individual conky's

example -

pkill -f .conkyrcwhatevermynameis

I just tested on my two running conky's and it killed them both, this way

vastone@vastone:~$ pkill -f .conkyrc5
vastone@vastone:~$ pkill -f .conkyrc2

From the conky man page here

-d | --daemonize
    Daemonize Conky, aka fork to background

-c | --config= FILE
    Config file to load instead of $HOME/.conkyrc

-q | --quiet
    Run Conky in 'quiet mode' (ie. no output)

Thanks. The first two I understand, but there is output in the default conky script that is run with -q , but I will study the manpage.


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#3513 2012-10-31 00:42:56

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

VastOne wrote:

^ One is never stupid when learning how it could or should be done...

Nice that you got it!

pkill can also be used in bash scripts should you want to use them that way.

Yes. I did that yesterday so that I can use the following commands, "opentaskbar", "killtaskbar", "openlauncher" and "killlauncher".  I then edited menu.xml so that my menu looks like this:
zz.png

The best part is that it works:D


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#3514 2012-10-31 00:44:25

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

There is also:

man conky

which pretty well includes all of the below.

The Official Conky Docs, that includes Settings (Above TEXT) and Variables (Below TEXT) but in a "text" format.

When in doubt: 'man conky' will give you what is good for the version of conky you are using is it's not the most current.  What is online is for the most current version of conky.

Last edited by Sector11 (2012-10-31 00:48:13)


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#3515 2012-10-31 00:46:09

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

Sector11 wrote:

There is also:

man conky

which pretty well includes all of the below.

The Official Conky Docs, that includes Settings (Above TEXT) and Variables (Below TEXT) but in a "text" format.

Thanks. I will put them in my favourites.


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#3516 2012-10-31 00:49:20

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

ew wrote:

Thanks. I will put them in my favourites.

You're welcome.

That's where I have them.

Last edited by Sector11 (2012-10-31 00:49:45)


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#3517 2012-10-31 01:29:02

dk75
#! Junkie
Registered: 2012-06-14
Posts: 250

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

I have successfully compiled Conky 2.
I can confirm, that after applying one patch from bug report of Conky 2, luacairo works - didn't checked luaimlib2 though.
Bare imlib2 inside conkyrc works - checked.

If any one curious, here is x86_64 DEB package and new LUA based conkyrc for testing (460KiB).

Last edited by dk75 (2012-10-31 02:17:16)


Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12-10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Intel X3100
Lenovo T61, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
Linux user No.: 483055 | Conky Pitstop

Offline

#3518 2012-10-31 01:43:05

ansem_of_nexus
#! CrunchBanger
Registered: 2012-09-19
Posts: 234

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

So I got a little bored and decided that conky should have ownership of my computers clock. I started with a simple ${time %H:%M:%S %Y}, but that soon was boring to so I decided it should be different. After a lot of thought I came up with a idea, let me say now that it might not be a great one but it most assuredly is very original.

so without further delay I present the Roman numeral clock, provided by me with the help of who ever came up with if_match

Hour: ${if_match "${time %H}"<"01"}null${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"02"}I${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"03"}II${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"04"}III${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"05"}IV${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"06"}V${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"07"}VI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"08"}VII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"09"}VIII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"10"}IX${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"11"}X${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"12"}XI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"13"}XII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"14"}XIII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"15"}XIV${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"16"}XV${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"17"}XVI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"18"}XVII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"19"}XVIII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"20"}XIX${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"21"}XX${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"22"}XXI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"23"}XXII${else}leap${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
Minute: ${if_match "${time %M}"<"01"}null${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"02"}I${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"03"}II${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"04"}III${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"05"}IV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"06"}V${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"07"}VI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"08"}VII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"09"}VIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"10"}IX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"11"}X${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"12"}XI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"13"}XII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"14"}XIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"15"}XIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"16"}XV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"17"}XVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"18"}XVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"19"}XVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"20"}XIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"21"}XX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"22"}XXI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"23"}XXII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"24"}XXIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"25"}XXIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"26"}XXV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"27"}XXVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"28"}XXVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"29"}XXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"30"}XXIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"31"}XXX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"32"}XXXI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"33"}XXXII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"34"}XXXIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"35"}XXXIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"36"}XXXV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"37"}XXXVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"38"}XXXVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"39"}XXXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"40"}XXXIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"41"}XL${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"42"}XLI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"43"}XLII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"44"}XLIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"45"}XLIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"46"}XLV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"47"}XLVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"48"}XLVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"49"}XLVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"50"}XLIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"51"}L${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"52"}LI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"53"}LII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"54"}LIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"55"}LIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"56"}LV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"57"}LVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"58"}LVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"59"}LVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"60"}LIX${else}leap${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
Second: ${if_match "${time %S}"<"01"}null${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"02"}I${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"03"}II${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"04"}III${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"05"}IV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"06"}V${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"07"}VI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"08"}VII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"09"}VIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"10"}IX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"11"}X${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"12"}XI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"13"}XII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"14"}XIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"15"}XIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"16"}XV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"17"}XVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"18"}XVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"19"}XVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"20"}XIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"21"}XX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"22"}XXI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"23"}XXII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"24"}XXIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"25"}XXIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"26"}XXV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"27"}XXVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"28"}XXVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"29"}XXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"30"}XXIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"31"}XXX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"32"}XXXI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"33"}XXXII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"34"}XXXIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"35"}XXXIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"36"}XXXV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"37"}XXXVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"38"}XXXVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"39"}XXXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"40"}XXXIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"41"}XL${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"42"}XLI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"43"}XLII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"44"}XLIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"45"}XLIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"46"}XLV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"47"}XLVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"48"}XLVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"49"}XLVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"50"}XLIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"51"}L${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"52"}LI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"53"}LII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"54"}LIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"55"}LIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"56"}LV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"57"}LVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"58"}LVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"59"}LVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"60"}LIX${else}leap${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
Year: ${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2013"}MMXII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2014"}MMXIII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2015"}MMXIV${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2016"}MMXV${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2017"}MMXVI${else}${endif}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2018"}MMXVII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2019"}MMXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2020"}MMXIX${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2021"}MMXX${else}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}

tZzM3Yw


You can find my work here

Make everything ok button

Offline

#3519 2012-10-31 01:45:08

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

dk75 wrote:

I have successfully compiled Conky 2.
I can confirm, that after applying one patch from bug report of Conky 2, luacairo works - didn't checked luaimlib2 though.
Bare imlib2 inside conkyrc works - checked.

If any one curious, here is x86_64 DEB package and new LUA based conkyrc for testing (460KiB).

File not found.  sad


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#3520 2012-10-31 01:49:56

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

ansem_of_nexus wrote:

So I got a little bored and decided that conky should have ownership of my computers clock. I started with a simple ${time %H:%M:%S %Y}, but that soon was boring to so I decided it should be different. After a lot of thought I came up with a idea, let me say now that it might not be a great one but it most assuredly is very original.

so without further delay I present the Roman numeral clock, provided by me with the help of who ever came up with if_match

Hour: ${if_match "${time %H}"<"01"}null${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"02"}I${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"03"}II${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"04"}III${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"05"}IV${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"06"}V${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"07"}VI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"08"}VII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"09"}VIII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"10"}IX${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"11"}X${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"12"}XI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"13"}XII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"14"}XIII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"15"}XIV${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"16"}XV${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"17"}XVI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"18"}XVII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"19"}XVIII${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"20"}XIX${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"21"}XX${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"22"}XXI${else}${if_match "${time %H}"<"23"}XXII${else}leap${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
Minute: ${if_match "${time %M}"<"01"}null${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"02"}I${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"03"}II${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"04"}III${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"05"}IV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"06"}V${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"07"}VI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"08"}VII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"09"}VIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"10"}IX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"11"}X${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"12"}XI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"13"}XII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"14"}XIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"15"}XIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"16"}XV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"17"}XVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"18"}XVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"19"}XVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"20"}XIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"21"}XX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"22"}XXI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"23"}XXII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"24"}XXIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"25"}XXIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"26"}XXV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"27"}XXVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"28"}XXVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"29"}XXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"30"}XXIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"31"}XXX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"32"}XXXI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"33"}XXXII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"34"}XXXIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"35"}XXXIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"36"}XXXV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"37"}XXXVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"38"}XXXVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"39"}XXXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"40"}XXXIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"41"}XL${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"42"}XLI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"43"}XLII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"44"}XLIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"45"}XLIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"46"}XLV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"47"}XLVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"48"}XLVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"49"}XLVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"50"}XLIX${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"51"}L${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"52"}LI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"53"}LII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"54"}LIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"55"}LIV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"56"}LV${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"57"}LVI${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"58"}LVII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"59"}LVIII${else}${if_match "${time %M}"<"60"}LIX${else}leap${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
Second: ${if_match "${time %S}"<"01"}null${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"02"}I${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"03"}II${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"04"}III${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"05"}IV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"06"}V${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"07"}VI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"08"}VII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"09"}VIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"10"}IX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"11"}X${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"12"}XI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"13"}XII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"14"}XIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"15"}XIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"16"}XV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"17"}XVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"18"}XVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"19"}XVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"20"}XIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"21"}XX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"22"}XXI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"23"}XXII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"24"}XXIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"25"}XXIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"26"}XXV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"27"}XXVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"28"}XXVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"29"}XXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"30"}XXIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"31"}XXX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"32"}XXXI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"33"}XXXII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"34"}XXXIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"35"}XXXIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"36"}XXXV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"37"}XXXVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"38"}XXXVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"39"}XXXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"40"}XXXIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"41"}XL${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"42"}XLI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"43"}XLII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"44"}XLIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"45"}XLIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"46"}XLV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"47"}XLVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"48"}XLVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"49"}XLVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"50"}XLIX${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"51"}L${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"52"}LI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"53"}LII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"54"}LIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"55"}LIV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"56"}LV${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"57"}LVI${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"58"}LVII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"59"}LVIII${else}${if_match "${time %S}"<"60"}LIX${else}leap${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
Year: ${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2013"}MMXII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2014"}MMXIII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2015"}MMXIV${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2016"}MMXV${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2017"}MMXVI${else}${endif}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2018"}MMXVII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2019"}MMXVIII${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2020"}MMXIX${else}${if_match "${time %Y}"<"2021"}MMXX${else}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}

tZzM3Yw

Neat - what does it do to cpu usage?


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#3521 2012-10-31 02:04:42

ansem_of_nexus
#! CrunchBanger
Registered: 2012-09-19
Posts: 234

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

Sector11 wrote:

Neat - what does it do to cpu usage?

Well I run an old P4 HT 3.0GHz and it didn't even touch it, still bouncing between 0 and 1 on both cores, Like normal.

Last edited by ansem_of_nexus (2012-10-31 02:09:10)


You can find my work here

Make everything ok button

Offline

#3522 2012-10-31 02:17:47

dk75
#! Junkie
Registered: 2012-06-14
Posts: 250

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

Sector11 wrote:
dk75 wrote:

I have successfully compiled Conky 2.
I can confirm, that after applying one patch from bug report of Conky 2, luacairo works - didn't checked luaimlib2 though.
Bare imlib2 inside conkyrc works - checked.

If any one curious, here is x86_64 DEB package and new LUA based conkyrc for testing (460KiB).

File not found.  sad

I've fixed link - "+" character in filename was problem.

Last edited by dk75 (2012-10-31 02:18:30)


Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12-10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Intel X3100
Lenovo T61, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
Linux user No.: 483055 | Conky Pitstop

Offline

#3523 2012-10-31 02:57:33

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

dk75 wrote:

I have successfully compiled Conky 2.
I can confirm, that after applying one patch from bug report of Conky 2, luacairo works - didn't checked luaimlib2 though.
Bare imlib2 inside conkyrc works - checked.

If any one curious, here is x86_64 DEB package and new LUA based conkyrc for testing (460KiB).

interesting
can you post what your conky2 conkyrc looks like? (if there is such a thing anymore... and i assume it looks different if it does exist)

Offline

#3524 2012-10-31 03:45:31

VastOne
#! Ranger
From: V-Ger
Registered: 2011-04-26
Posts: 10,165
Website

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

dk75 wrote:

If any one curious for testing

Installed, running my normal conky files fine, the real difference is in how they are loading extremely fast...

I have tested the Conky Clock Widget by jpope, it is running fine...

Anyone with any lua's they want tested, throw them my way

Edit - One thing I did have to change was the settings of my gmail/greader conky in the sizing and the location.  It was an issue I always had with any conky before this one.  All I can say is that it appears to be correct now.. and not backwards, if any of that makes sense...


VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

I dev VSIDO

Offline

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#3525 2012-10-31 07:12:14

dk75
#! Junkie
Registered: 2012-06-14
Posts: 250

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

mrpeachy wrote:
dk75 wrote:

I have successfully compiled Conky 2.
I can confirm, that after applying one patch from bug report of Conky 2, luacairo works - didn't checked luaimlib2 though.
Bare imlib2 inside conkyrc works - checked.

If any one curious, here is x86_64 DEB package and new LUA based conkyrc for testing (460KiB).

interesting
can you post what your conky2 conkyrc looks like? (if there is such a thing anymore... and i assume it looks different if it does exist)

Yes, it still is.
This one is compiled in with a compatibility mode, so old version of configs from 1.9 will be converted during loading.

And there is conkyrc v2.0 that I've included into tar.gz pack:

-- conkyrc-test51

conky.config = {
    --[[
    #################################################################################
    #                                 Conky settings                                #
    #################################################################################
    --]]
    background            = false,
    no_buffers            = true,
    out_to_x            = true,
    out_to_console            = false,
    out_to_ncurses            = false,
    top_cpu_separate        = true,
    cpu_avg_samples            = 10,
    net_avg_samples            = 10,
    max_port_monitor_connections    = 10,
    update_interval            = 1,
    total_run_times            = 0,

    --[[
    #################################################################################
    #                                  Text settings                                #
    #################################################################################
    --]]
    use_xft                = true,
    font                = 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=9',
    xftalpha            = 0.8,
    uppercase            = false,
    override_utf8_locale        = true,
    format_human_readable        = false,
    short_units            = false,
    --max_user_text            = 64,
    text_buffer_size        = 640,

    --[[
    #################################################################################
    #                                Window settings                                #
    #################################################################################
    --]]
    own_window            = true,
    own_window_type            = 'normal',
    --own_window_argb_visual    = true,
    --own_window_argb_value        = 255,
    own_window_transparent        = true,
    own_window_colour        = 'hotpink',
    own_window_hints        = 'undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager',
    own_window_class        = 'Conky',
    own_window_title        = 'Conky',

    --[[
    #################################################################################
    #                                Layout settings                                #
    #################################################################################
    --]]
    minimum_width            = 400,
    --minimum_height            = 400,
    maximum_width            = 400,
    alignment            = 'top_left',
    use_spacer            = 'right',
    gap_x                = 50,
    gap_y                = 50,

    --[[
    #################################################################################
    #                               Graphics settings                               #
    #################################################################################
    --]]
    draw_shades            = false,
    draw_outline            = false,
    draw_borders            = false,
    draw_graph_borders        = true,
    stippled_borders        = 0,
    --border_inner_margin        = 16,
    --border_outer_margin        = 16,
    border_width            = 1,
    double_buffer            = true,
    --max_specials            = 64,
    imlib_cache_size        = 0,

    --[[
    #################################################################################
    #                                Color settings                                 #
    #################################################################################
    --]]
    default_color            = 'white',
    default_shade_color        = 'black',
    default_outline_color        = 'black',
    color6                = 'brown',

    --[[
    #################################################################################
    #                                  LUA load                                     #
    #################################################################################
    --]]
    --lua_load            = '/home/kitsune/.conky/lua/lwifitz-allcombined[dk75mod].lua',
    --lua_draw_hook_pre        = 'conky_draw_bg { radius=20, color=0x000000, alpha=0.2, lwidth=0.2, lcolor=0xffffff }',
}

conky.text = [[]]..
--${voffset 10}${execpi 300 conky-vnstat-month.sh -l 12 -m "100 GiB" -3 "\${color green}" -4 "\${color red}"}
[[
${alignc}${cpubar cpu99 1,100} Net Stats ${cpubar cpu99 1,100}
${voffset 10}${execpi 300 vnstat -m |mawk -v last=12 -v month_max="100 GiB" 'BEGIN{split(month_max, max); if (max[2]=="GB" || max[2]=="GiB") max[1]=max[1]*1024;} /[A-Z][a-z][a-z].+12/ {test[++i]=$0} END{i=0; while (test[++i]); if (last>i) last=i-1; else if (last<1) last=1; for (j=i-last; j<i; j++) {$0=test[j]; c1="${color green}"; total=$9; if ($10=="GB" || $10=="GiB") total=$9*1024; if (total>=max[1]) c1="${color red}"; print "${goto 30}${color6}"$1, $2 ":${color}${goto 105}" $3, $4 "${goto 205}" $6, $7 "${goto 305}" c1 $9 "${color}", $10}}'}
]]

Last edited by dk75 (2012-10-31 07:12:55)


Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12-10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Intel X3100
Lenovo T61, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
Linux user No.: 483055 | Conky Pitstop

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Server: acrobat

Debian Logo