SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-13 12:16:22

corenominal
WRONG
Website

CrunchBang 10 "Statler", coming soon

I have been working on a new version of CrunchBang for a while now, but I have been hesitant to make any announcements until I was happy that the new version would actually work. I am now fairly happy that it will.

The next version of CrunchBang, version 10, will be codenamed "Statler". Contrary to the rumour mill, it will not be powered by cheetahs, hamsters or chickens, it will be powered Debian Squeeze sources. There will be an Openbox and an Xfce4 version. It will be available for both 32 and 64 bit architectures, with the 32 bit offering in both 486 and 686 flavours. It will be available as a hybrid LiveCD and text installer, using the classic d-i system.

Several test images have already been built and it is now approaching alpha status. Hopefully, some alpha images will be made available some time next week, but before this can happen, I will be investing in a trio of file servers to help make the release go smoothly. The new file servers will also make possible the option of producing weekly builds.

These are exciting times and in a way, the move from Ubuntu to Debian marks a new beginning for the project. I have created a new forum for anyone wanting to discuss the Statler's development, so please go there and join in the conversation: http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/forum … 0-statler/

For any Identi.ca users, I have set-up a new group, again for anyone wishing to comment or discuss Statler. It can be found at: http://identi.ca/group/statler smile

Ex-developer of #! CrunchBang. Follow me on Twitter smile

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2010-03-13 12:22:48

corenominal
WRONG
Website

Re: CrunchBang 10 "Statler", coming soon

P.S. I have closed this topic. If you would like to comment, please post to the new Devel: CrunchBang 10 "Statler" forum.

Ex-developer of #! CrunchBang. Follow me on Twitter smile

Board footer