SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-23 20:58:08

saaxxinho

[Solved] Error: could not find a distribution template for Bunsen...

Hi folks,

first of all a great compliment to all who working so hard on bunsenlabs. I'm still using crunchbang 11 (jessie 8.1) only by changing source list and some pinning stuff. But I was curios about the bl distro, because everything I saw and read (themes, pipemenus, welcome script, login-screen...) looked promising.
So I did the netinstall (great job!!) and everything looks fine and as expected. Really well designed distro. But.. when I try to add a ppa, I get this message:  Error: could not find a distribution template for BunsenLabs/Hydrogen....

Any help or advice?? I did read also in other forums, but no solution did fix this problem.

I know, most of you may not like or work with ppa. But, if anyone has a suggestion, that would be a great help for me....

Last edited by saaxxinho (2015-06-23 21:29:43)

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. I’m working on improving my English.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2015-06-23 20:59:42

tknomanzr
#! Die Hard

Re: [Solved] Error: could not find a distribution template for Bunsen...

BunsenLabs is based off of what is now Debian Stable, not Ubuntu. Debian does not use ppa's and mixing ppas into debian is a good way to break your system.

#3 2015-06-23 21:00:11

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

#4 2015-06-23 21:27:45

saaxxinho

Thanks for the links HOAs! May be that I've been working too much lately with LXLE, or I become too lazy, whatever. Sure, with Waldorf I always solved this problems the debian way. Mmm, sorry! I close that thread as solved and ... Mea culpa!

Last edited by saaxxinho (2015-06-23 21:31:03)

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. I’m working on improving my English.

Board footer