SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-30 03:37:49

paxmark1
#! Junkie

wayland weston

Previously awhile back just prior to the announcement of the "transition" in #! I set up a net install of testing with lxqt and openbox, but used xfce to jumpstart  my install.  Couple glitches.  It has sat. 

Being semi-satisfied with my wheezy #! on my big box, and satisfied with lxqt and openbox on siduction on the netbook, I wondered what to put on the 250gb hdd on the bigbox. 

I will play for awhile, hopefully longer, with a wayland weston install with avoiding xwayland  as a side-project.  weston-launch works.  I see that they are Bladerunner fans via right cliking on the panel and the names Roy Pris Leon Zhora appear. 

Might have to wait a bit, compiling orbital  (somewhat like fluxbox they say) is supposed to require QT5.4    Will see how it goes.  No rush, just play.

Jean Vanier wrote "Being Human" and "A Short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright.  Gotta love the Massey Lectures.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-03-30 06:38:11

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Re: wayland weston

Here's my Weston desktop:
wayland_screenshot.jpg

#3 2015-03-30 07:11:58

Unia
#! Octo-portal-pussy
Website

Re: wayland weston

Here's a list of other compositors/window managers you can try: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wa … top_shells

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

I am a #! forum moderator. Feel free to send me a PM with any question you have!

Board footer