SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-02-07 06:35:04

Digit
#! Die Hard
Website

Re: "Sparkle Dancer"? Nooooo!

OH!  is this thread basically pointing to same idea of the afterlife?

that was not immediately apparent to me.  ^_^

LONG LIVE SPAR~,   *gag*, no, cant even bring myself to say those words.  heheheeh. XD

there are many who are forking, but will we gather to ensure one heads straight and true, and ongoing manage to keep it holding form?  that's my hope.

i love the packagebang .deb-it-up idea. 
"cd sized iso" is highly praised and sought too.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#27 2015-02-07 07:39:17

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Digit wrote:

i dont know what's happening here.  XD

i want in on the joke...

XD   what madness is this?   XD

http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic. … 17#p416617
There's a video clip there.  Don't worry, it's Star Trek.  (It's a fan work, but it has Paramount's approval and support from many TOS and TNG cast members.)  Original script was from an abandoned TNG episode.

tl;dr:  release of purified souls

#28 2015-02-07 07:58:21

pvsage
Internal Affairs

By the way, was Zurg ever given any kind of backstory in the films?  I'm sure I can find a fanfic that gives him a sympathetic backstory...

Dammit, now I need to watch the films. lol

#29 2015-02-07 08:52:52

damo
#! gimpbanger

pvsage wrote:

By the way, was Zurg ever given any kind of backstory in the films?  I'm sure I can find a fanfic that gives him a sympathetic backstory...

Dammit, now I need to watch the films. lol

Pixar wiki

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#30 2015-02-07 09:03:04

pvsage
Internal Affairs

^ Ah yes, always go to The Source first. cool
"Luke Buzz, I am your father." lul

Last edited by pvsage (2015-02-07 09:43:43)

#31 2015-02-07 09:29:59

Joe90
#! Junkie

Corn

Short for cor(e)n(omial) as a tribute

Also has a kernel

easy logo options,

stock-photo-18215649-macro-image-of-a-single-corn-kernel-isolated-on-black.jpg

Corn_1.jpg

fun plays on words (sweetcorn, corn-on-the-cob, corn dolly, cornucopia, crops, crop circles) for options/settings/packages

#32 2015-02-07 11:23:11

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

As w all muntinies, some basic bridgework and foundations must be laid. Fundamental decisions made and some agreements reached. As such, perhaps 1st things 1st.

In accordance w the how 2 mutiny for dummies handbook I'm reading, it says here, a council of mutineers have to be nominated to make necessary decisions and a leader of said council selected, otherwise it's just a mindless mob and as likely to come unraveled or kill each other, as to get anything productive done.

I hereforto propose as leader of the mob Don IntoCB. He is clearly the best qualified, if for no other reason than this > "(random name suggestion: Debarchery)" is brilliant ! smile

IntoCB is in fact friggin brilliant imo tongue but now moving on to more serious babbling. Jmo ... this is wrong on sooooo many levels and confusingly right on just as many or more. Kinda leaves cbiz, scratching head and unsure how 2 feel about developments. Shrugs ... can't poss find fault w people following their passions and inspirations no matter what.

Also #!-Captn aka: Core ... if this isn't a serious friggin wake up call fellow nixer, then I've never seen one .. sheesh. Might be a good time to step in here and try to reach a reasonable compromise to satisfy all parties. Stuff like this starts going on and iz a good indication you're about to walk da plank. Yowza ! The #! community and #! are in serious trouble and have been for a longgggggggg time.

Would like to see if it's poss for everyone to find a happy medium, official cb-lite, #!-Sid, v. cb-xfce etc etc ( at least if there's some use for a sub-spin ie: #!-4handicap vision challenged etc etc. Not ooooo this version has pcmanfm instead. smile ) and as many general and overall improvements as the need to be made to keep a. The kickbutt nixers left here ( or new here too), from having to set out on their own from scratch and do it all over. Though if there's enough determination, don't doubt they/you could.

b. Without seeing the HMS#! burst into flames and sink beneath the waves along w all the other wrecks of gnu/nix distro's past>present>future. Would be a gawd awful waste me thinks. Though this could poss be the stupidest babble biz has ever typed too.

Honestly though it's not like there isn't enough nixy goodness to go around and there are tonnes of many kickbutt nixers chomping at the bit to contribute. Sighs ... dammit, going to come right out and say it. For a long, long time been expressing and thinking #! is too plainjane, too many basic things that are just left crapped up in the distro, too many holes, too many shortcomings, not enough effort to do anything about it. Even when there's a friggin virtual army of nixers here that want to do the work. Imo #! represents years or Core's life, years of many other community ( or former) members lives and it'd be a downright shame to see it crash and burn.

Vll! - Vl#!! and Viva la Sparkle Dancer?! < wtf ? I nominate IntoCB as the grand imperial poobah again ! wink

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-02-07 11:37:52)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#33 2015-02-07 11:29:50

twoion

intoCB wrote:

random name suggestion: Debarchery

Sorry, but I immediately had to think of debauchery.

debauchery
      n 1: a wild gathering involving excessive drinking and
           promiscuity [syn: {orgy}, {debauch}, {debauchery},
           {saturnalia}, {riot}, {bacchanal}, {bacchanalia}, {drunken
           revelry}]

Um.

Tannhäuser ~ {www,pkg,ddl}.bunsenlabs.org/{gitlog,repoidx}

#34 2015-02-07 11:31:53

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

^ EXACTLY ... do you not see how fundamentally friggin kewl a name that makes it for a gnu/nix distro !!?? big_smile

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#35 2015-02-07 11:44:48

damo
#! gimpbanger

CBizgreat! wrote:

^ EXACTLY ... do you not see how fundamentally friggin kewl a name that makes it for a gnu/nix distro !!?? big_smile

...aaand it's perfect for the unstable version - "Debarchery Animal" big_smile

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#36 2015-02-07 11:49:10

olegabrielz
#! Junkie

^ +1

#37 2015-02-07 11:51:32

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Maybe even "DEbarchery"? wink

#38 2015-02-07 11:57:35

intoCB
Scatweasel

Looks like pvsage has this in hand and he is the right person for any formal leadership needed.

#39 2015-02-07 11:57:47

twoion

I like the pun, but it's not original: http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.de/ … chery.html

#40 2015-02-07 11:58:57

twoion

OR you could say you've found TEH MASCOT big_smile

#41 2015-02-07 12:05:02

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@intoCB:  It is possible that, as one of the mods that steered us through some troubled waters, I'm a good choice for "The Man in Charge", but The Man always needs Men and Women of Action.  I should disclose, for example, that this weekend will be the first time I've ever actually looked at the contents of a .deb with a mind to repackaging it.

#42 2015-02-07 12:08:27

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@twoion:  Bonus points for her creator's avatar being a FiM OC. lol

#43 2015-02-07 12:24:26

damo
#! gimpbanger

pvsage wrote:

@intoCB:  It is possible that, as one of the mods that steered us through some troubled waters, I'm a good choice for "The Man in Charge", but The Man always needs Men and Women of Action.  I should disclose, for example, that this weekend will be the first time I've ever actually looked at the contents of a .deb with a mind to repackaging it.

damo's little deb howto:
Repackage deb

mkdir -p extract/DEBIAN
dpkg-deb -x package.deb extract/
dpkg-deb -e package.deb extract/DEBIAN 
# [...do something, e.g. edit the control file...]

# Write md5sums [removes leading "./" from filenames]
cd extract
md5sum `find -type f | cut -c 3-` > DEBIAN/md5sums

mkdir build
dpkg-deb -b extract/ build/

NB
Change the ownership of all configuration files to root before rebuilding (see Debian Bug 291320 [2]) – otherwise the deployed files will be owned by you (or the user with your uid). Run the following commands as root

chown -R root:root DEBIAN

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#44 2015-02-07 12:55:16

damo
#! gimpbanger

And I want systemd in it as default smile

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#45 2015-02-07 13:03:41

pvsage
Internal Affairs

^ Not worried about the init system.  DEbarchery will be all about the UI.  If Debian netinstall ships with systemd, u get systemd; else sysvinit.

EDIT:  Of course, on your own system, you can ship Jessie with whatever/whoever you want. tongue

Last edited by pvsage (2015-02-07 13:12:35)

#46 2015-02-07 13:07:14

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

@Damo ... lmao, hmmmm there's a definite additional appeal there fellow nixer.

IntoCB, I gotcha, you're a behind da throne kinda personality ( me too.) wink

More #! sub-spin suggestions in no particular order. Crunch-Cop ( security oriented ... pen-testing etc.) Crunch4kids ( obvious what it'd be about), Crunch4Class ( varying Ed level sub-spin(s).) Most importantly Crunch4Cuties ( gnu/Linux just needs more women PERIOD, it's a friggin sausage fest dang it !) < This one will have to be maintained by someone w sufficient estrogen to understand women, what they want, think etc etc. I've never been able to make heads or tails of them. big_smile

Just an opinion, am serious about the above, poss'es are endless. Though people would of course want credit where due and or a share of whatever results. Kinda makes sense that the people willing to do the work, get some reward, shrugs.

Also didn't really mean to imply someone (one particular person) should be appointed as leader, maybe among the individual sub-spins and projs. Though jmo, that should be based off of qualifications and skills etc they provide and the resulting quality of what ea individual nixer can contribute etc.

Maybe #! forum needs an encrypted community section to discuss things and comm w Core ? Yeah again ... in real life everyone is not friggin equal, not equally qualified ... not entitled to an equal say, nor share if they're a clueless azzhat. Disagree w me if ya like, you have every right to be wrong if you want to be. big_smile

SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE, HOLDING HANDSSSSS.

Not saying based off of join date, number of posts etc etc. Though makes sense someone has to prove themselves in some reasonable way, before being granted full membership of the type of thing am babbling about above, 2 cents blahblah.

OoooOoooo speaking of which just thought of another ConkyCrunch ! We all know Sector11 would have to be the main dude/nixer for that one. wink Nah ... ( unless he likes the idea), kewl conky wizards like Sector could if they so desired do some kickbutt nixy conkiness for #! overall, 2 more cents, that's = 4 cents. big_smile

Also in this rush to Sid and everyone, including several new-faces who clearly can't find their arses w both hands posting about starting new distros thing. Think folks are forgetting which came 1st, the chicken or the Crunchbang, #! did dammit ! Just saying, don't think Core or that fact's perhaps getting the attention or credit due. This convo wouldn't even be happening if Core hadn't done what's he's done and quite a few learned much they've added to their nixy-trickbags here in this forum and community too.

Though personally learned much more w independent studies, shrugs. Whatever getting back to babble. Just saying, might want to consider fully what's involved in total. Starting a distro ( even coming out with a decent one, is in my view fairly easy.) Making it matter and dealing w all the logistics, expenses blahblah involved, now that's likely summin different and to what end ?

A handful of people loosely putting out nixiness ? Reinventing the wheel comes to mind and the majority die still-born, anyone remember VastOne ( of course plenty do.) Think Visudo's a ghost town now. Doesn't even have a listing on Distrowatch. Machinebacon on the other hand has made massive headway w LBBQ and really not surprised the friggin guy is a nix mad scientist + already had a ready made community of kickbutt nixers. Still not sure how happy he/they are w the proj. Make of babble whatcha will ...

Just saying ... Viva la "DEBarchery Animal" ! tongue

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-02-07 13:19:11)

#47 2015-02-07 13:36:14

damo
#! gimpbanger

pvsage wrote:

^ Not worried about the init system.  DEbarchery will be all about the UI.  If Debian netinstall ships with systemd, u get systemd; else sysvinit.

EDIT:  Of course, on your own system, you can ship Jessie with whatever/whoever you want. tongue

Yeah I know - I was being a bit mischievous, due to rumblings elsewhere with people talking about new iso's or whatever O:)

Sign me up for contributing whatever I can help with.

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#48 2015-02-07 13:45:20

pvsage
Internal Affairs

...and I'm being mischievous when I say Jessie/Lenny is best cargo ship. ]:D  (Sorry.  It's Toy Story, and shipping is fun.  Including Crack Ships.)

I think this is becoming a SpiderToy thread.

#49 2015-02-07 13:59:36

twoion

damo wrote:
pvsage wrote:

damo's little deb howto:
Repackage deb

mkdir -p extract/DEBIAN
dpkg-deb -x package.deb extract/
dpkg-deb -e package.deb extract/DEBIAN 
# [...do something, e.g. edit the control file...]

# Write md5sums [removes leading "./" from filenames]
cd extract
md5sum `find -type f | cut -c 3-` > DEBIAN/md5sums

mkdir build
dpkg-deb -b extract/ build/

NB
Change the ownership of all configuration files to root before rebuilding (see Debian Bug 291320 [2]) – otherwise the deployed files will be owned by you (or the user with your uid). Run the following commands as root

chown -R root:root DEBIAN

This is good for a quick-and-dirty approach when you don't depend on much else (we use this in my company for the internal repos) but you want to have a dh_make etc based (i.e., recommended but more complex) workflow where you can use the debhelpers since otherwise, deploying patches or frequently packaging upstream sourcecode (which might require changes to the build environment etc) becomes very messy...

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#50 2015-02-07 14:03:04

g33zr
#! Die Hard

DEbarchery Animal has potential as a distro name, but it make me think of a young man I once knew who had a reputation of being a debauchery animal.  O:)

It's never too late to learn something new! wink

OHCG | LXer

Board footer