SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#626 2015-06-26 19:47:34

someone

Re: The end.

spacex wrote:
someone wrote:

thanks, corenominal... you have created one hell of a distro! it was in fact the only one I really loved to work with (until now big_smile).

Until now? Have you found something more fun? Please tell us about it smile

unfortunately not, but I have hope ^^

Be excellent to each other!

#627 2015-06-26 21:34:44

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

^ BunsenLabs --- stick around.  wink

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#628 2015-06-26 21:53:13

jonboy

UUUmmmm hang on dude, i've just noticed this as i was about to down load a 64bit version for my new gaming machine. Using windows 10 preview for gaming and #! for everything else. So you might be thinking with all that processing power and ram and expensive mobo why not use a more up to date distro?

Well because #! is like home and there is no place like home. I used so many other distros before #!, didn't like this didn't like that and than i found #!. It's like all the places i have lived in my life, some your just visiting others are in your heart and for good. The people on this forum are the most helpful, kind and understanding, even when you ask a noobish question, they are all like yeah i've been there once.
Honestly i've just had mint kde on that gaming machine before i heard about the w10 still able to use under testing thing, and thou some bits was helpful, i really missed tweaking it to my preference and learning about linux. It felt like it was something it shouldn't be, like it was trying to be windows. I felt a matter of pride when people said to me what windows do you use, i used to give a wink and half a smile and say 'crunchbang' like it was a classic well know os. The same response as what i get when people say whats your favourite pint, 'fursty ferret' ,,,,,,what,,urr,,agh but i knew what it ment and i knew others in the know did too.

But i have to say if you still have to let it go and no-one else is going to take it over with the same vision and package as you i say it's a damn shame, but also thank you very much for given the best linux distro!!!!!

#629 2015-06-26 22:11:09

damo
#! gimpbanger

jonboy wrote:

... The same response as what i get when people say whats your favourite pint, 'fursty ferret' ,,,,,,what,,urr,,agh but i knew what it ment and i knew others in the know did too.

..well what a coincidence, I'm drinking a bottle of Fursty Ferret right now! big_smile

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#630 2015-06-26 22:49:19

jonboy

damo wrote:

..well what a coincidence, I'm drinking a bottle of Fursty Ferret right now! big_smile

Point proven, and damo you have been a world of help. Bombardier is another i like. 
So we can still use the crunchbang os but i guess it's  going to be like the end of xp? I mean we will still get updates from the deb side of things just not from the crunchbang packages? This may have been answered in one of the 26 pages before, and i will get around to having a look at some point!! Just came a bit of a shock to me.

Last edited by jonboy (2015-06-26 22:50:10)

#631 2015-06-26 23:40:36

spacex
ew
Website

Drunk blabber. Censored by me wink

Last edited by spacex (2015-06-26 23:45:13)

Regards,
spacex/ew
http://tweaklinux.org

#632 2015-06-26 23:42:49

spacex
ew
Website

damo wrote:
jonboy wrote:

... The same response as what i get when people say whats your favourite pint, 'fursty ferret' ,,,,,,what,,urr,,agh but i knew what it ment and i knew others in the know did too.

Captain Morgan and Coke for me now. 6 Pints already consumed, so it was time for something stronger big_smile

Regards,
spacex/ew

#633 2015-06-27 02:38:22

snowpine
#!-a-roo

**Group Hug**

Last edited by snowpine (2016-07-15 18:59:55)

/hugged

#634 2015-06-27 18:41:43

damo
#! gimpbanger

jonboy wrote:

... I mean we will still get updates from the deb side of things just not from the crunchbang packages? This may have been answered in one of the 26 pages before, and i will get around to having a look at some point!! Just came a bit of a shock to me.

Crunchbang is based on wheezy, which now has Long Term Support, so you can continue using it safely for a few years yet. You may want to remove some CB packages (Tint2 for example), and install from the Debian repos (@corenominal repackaged several applications, so for updates they would need to be replaced). Some scripts may need replacing/editing though, such as cb-exit and some of the pipemenus.

You need to do some reconfiguration yourself to keep things smooth and updated, but there will be BunsenLabs Hydrogen to look forward to smile

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#635 2015-06-27 21:01:45

jonboy

Yeah had a look at BunsenLabs Hydrogen, but i'm waiting for it to come out as a distro.

Morgans and coke, i'm knocking on your door mate, as long as its spiced!!

#636 2015-06-28 01:01:32

spacex
ew
Website

jonboy wrote:

Yeah had a look at BunsenLabs Hydrogen, but i'm waiting for it to come out as a distro.

Morgans and coke, i'm knocking on your door mate, as long as its spiced!!

Of course smile

Regards,
spacex/ew

#637 2015-06-28 07:02:13

colorpixel
#! CrunchBanger

I'm confused -> BunsenLabs.iso ready for download?
Did i miss something?  yikes

+ Where there's a shell, there's a way +

#638 2015-06-28 08:25:57

News Plus
#! Member

^ "...with Firefox and Libreoffice"? Fake?  yikes

#639 2015-06-28 10:12:54

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

colorpixel wrote:

It's "Monara"  roll
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crunchbangmonara/

S/he has "history" here:
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=39898

They are now clearly very bitter about their experience in these forums and are attempting to sabotage BunsenLabs.

The linked ISO image is a hacked-together piece of crap -- it uses the wheezy 7.0 (Waldorf?) ISO as a base so it doesn't support UEFI and won't even boot on Haswell or newer machines...

#640 2015-06-28 11:16:13

vic
#! by Default

^Thanks Head_... what some people do... yikes

Time to move on!#

#641 2015-06-28 11:17:43

Colossal_Crunch
#! CrunchBanger

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
colorpixel wrote:

It's "Monara"  roll
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crunchbangmonara/

S/he has "history" here:
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=39898

They are now clearly very bitter about their experience in these forums and are attempting to sabotage BunsenLabs.

The linked ISO image is a hacked-together piece of crap -- it uses the wheezy 7.0 (Waldorf?) ISO as a base so it doesn't support UEFI and won't even boot on Haswell or newer machines...

Can we do anything about this crap? How can someone possibly get away with using someone elses name? What is keeping someone from promoting spyware as "Debian 8"? I'm going to try to file a abuse report as soon as I get the okay from a mod. I suggest that everyone do the same. It is seriously deceptive and wrong for someone to get away with doing that to real developers.

#642 2015-06-28 11:24:25

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

^ you could post a "review" on the sourceforge page.

I would do it myself but I just can't be bothered...

Ignoring idiots like that is usually the best approach wink

#643 2015-06-28 11:27:49

Colossal_Crunch
#! CrunchBanger

After reading about what Monara has done I'm sure going to start taking that checksum stuff seriously.   sad

Last edited by Colossal_Crunch (2015-06-28 11:28:30)

#644 2015-06-28 11:40:30

Colossal_Crunch
#! CrunchBanger

I just can't seem to grasp why Monara doesn't just ask to help with BunsenLabs. I mean, your not going to get rich making a linux distro.  If you want to see crunchbang live on but your own attempt at making a crunchy distro wasn't working out then shouldn't you try and help out those that can make it happen? I would take more pride in fixing a few bugs, designing a logo, or just giving feedback then by smooching off of someone elses hard work.

like you said, I guess s/he is just a little bitter and wishing to see others fail like they have. It just seems like someone who could create any distro at all would have the maturity to deal with a little failure.

#645 2015-06-28 11:43:14

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Colossal_Crunch wrote:

I just can't seem to grasp why Monara doesn't just ask to help with BunsenLabs.

Hubris.

#646 2015-06-28 12:11:28

pingu
#! Junkie

I'm happy soucerforge doesn't require people to sign up to report on stuff. Now I hope the report box just isn't redirected to /dev/null.

"We don't merge kernel code just because user space was written by a retarded monkey on crack."
Linus f****g Trovalds

#647 2015-06-28 13:51:01

colorpixel
#! CrunchBanger

Ah, ok, thx head_ ...nothing more to say

+ Where there's a shell, there's a way +

#648 2015-06-28 16:19:41

popolony2k
Website

Unfortunately informations about the BunsenLabs new crunchBang (??) release are getting confused, because I couldn't find anything about this distro, where download it, its website...nothing well organized like in Crunchbang website.

There are a lot of new distros that have been created trying to "steal" the lack left by CrunchBang.
I'm thinking seriously to go to a secure place, like SparkyLinux or maybe to the official Debian, unfortunately (SparkyLinux is a great distro, but is not compared to Crunchbang that is better).

If corenominal is working close to Bunsenlabs to help them in the new bunsenlabs (crunchbang ???) version, is a good idea send a message to the crunchbang community....I've been waiting for bunsenlabs, but everything is getting confused.

#649 2015-06-28 16:37:27

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

^ Sparky's great but it's based on Debian Testing -- caveat emptor...

I recommend pure Debian Stable (LXDE is nice and uses Openbox) smile

@corenomial has nothing to do with BunsenLabs.

Be excellent to each other!

#650 2015-06-28 17:10:52

LabRat
#! CrunchBanger

popolony2k wrote:

Unfortunately informations about the BunsenLabs new crunchBang (??) release are getting confused, because I couldn't find anything about this distro, where download it, its website...nothing well organized like in Crunchbang website.
There are a lot of new distros that have been created trying to "steal" the lack left by CrunchBang.
I'm thinking seriously to go to a secure place, like SparkyLinux or maybe to the official Debian, unfortunately (SparkyLinux is a great distro, but is not compared to Crunchbang that is better).
If corenominal is working close to Bunsenlabs to help them in the new bunsenlabs (crunchbang ???) version, is a good idea send a message to the crunchbang community....I've been waiting for bunsenlabs, but everything is getting confused.

There's a clear link upon the front page of this very site, found under 'BunsenLabs'.

Here's the link, for your convenience:

http://www.crunchbang.com/

Under 'Development' within the 'BunsenLabs section of this community forum, you'll find a wealth of information to help clear your confusion.

Again, a link for your convenience:

http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewforum.php?id=21

Sometimes in life, things can be a little 'confusing' but the mods and developers of BunsenLabs have made finding information and even contributing to or making suggestions for.. the development of BunsenLabs, as easy as is humanly possible.

Come on folks, if something's important to you, it's worth just a little effort on your part.. Don't ya think? After all and despite being a community project, there's really only a handful of folks doing most of the work. They're working as quickly as they can WHILE making sure the end result is as close to perfection as possible. From what I've seen and with a  little patience patience patience on our part.. The final result will be AWESOME! smile

Peace

Board footer