SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-06 16:26:40

paxmark1
#! Junkie

Solved: open-jdk6 libjpeg8 d-1 critical bug

Been staring at the strong caution about upgrading open-jdk6 for awhile.  I viewed the bug reports, checked the progress of libjpeg8 going to d2 and nothing on the near horizon about a fixed open-jdk6 fix.  Possibly a near-sighted viewing of the bug, I have no virtual machines on servers - so I finally hit 'Y". 

Setting up openjdk-6-jre-headless:i386 (6b27-1.12.7-2) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/java-6-openjdk/security/java.security ...
update-binfmts: warning: current package is openjdk-7, but binary format already installed by openjdk-6

Only development I really want to follow is Sigil, qt5 and any other software to replace iso-8859 crap poorly convolutedly coded Dist Proof software with utf8 compliant replacements that Dist Proof Canada can use for less moldy books (life + 50).

If anyone wants to tell me, you really should have waited, that is fine.  If there are things I should do to deprecate jdk6 to favour jdk7 I have googled a little over it, jclouds and such come up

But in the end. 

https://jdk8.java.net/

Last edited by paxmark1 (2013-12-08 22:17:50)

Jean Vanier wrote "Being Human" and "A Short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright.  Gotta love the Massey Lectures.

Board footer