SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-20 02:56:02

srccon

LAMP and Dropbox

I have been using dropbox to sync up multiple computers using MAMP (on mac) using this technique and it has been working pretty well for my web dev needs. Now I want to add my #! computer to the fold but I am running into a permissions problem.

Here is what I have done so far:

I've already configured dropbox and have my vhosts/htdocs folder at

~/srccon/Dropbox/Development/vhosts/

and that directory is filled with a whole bunch of directories that are virtual hosts (ex. www.myawesomewebsite.com) because mamp is set up like the tutorial to see that folder as the root for virtual hosts.

I don't want to go the virtual hosts route on my #! machine, I just want to use localhost as the webdomain root with subdirectories for each project (ex. localhost/vhosts/www.myawesomesite.com/index.html)

I installed the LAMP stack via the cb-welcome script and had it install the htdocs in my home folder. I then added a second link to the vhosts folder with

ln -s ~/Dropbox/Development/vhosts /var/www/vhosts

Although http://localhost/htdocs works fine, http://localhost/vhosts/ does not, citing "403 forbidden, Forbidden You don't have permission to access /vhosts on this server."

I checked out the ls -al permissions and the all have srccon:srccon as the correct user and group, so I cannot figure out what apache's issue is.

Will this even link right or will i need individual symbolic links for each project?

Thanks for any help.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-06-25 04:18:12

srccon

Re: LAMP and Dropbox

How are other people doing Web Development on a local LAMP stack?

Board footer