SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-10 00:45:21

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

OSCON and Texas Linux Fest

Hey, all --

For those of you on the American side of the Atlantic (and Pacific, I guess, too), there are two Linux expos coming up -- one is the hemisphere's biggest (OSCON, which is O'Reilly's Open Source Conference in Portland, Oregon) and the other is a growing show in Texas (Texas Linux Fest, this year in San Antonio).

As far as booth space goes, we're unfortunately shut out of OSCON -- the official response from OSCON is that they have only limited space for "dot-orgs" (limited space which has been becoming more and more, um, "limited" as they try to get more paying corporate customers, but I digress) and we are not included there. If it's any consolation, Ubuntu and Fedora didn't get their usual "dot-org" space either, so they probably won't have booths at OSCON as well.

If you're in the Pacific Northwest, you should go. It's July 16-20 and here's the link for more details: http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012 Since we aren't afforded a presence there, I decided to forgo this year's event in Portland in order to use my vacation time to go to other events.

As for Texas, there's a good chance that I'll be going and I've requested space for CrunchBang. Hopefully, the talk I gave at Linux Fest Northwest will also be accepted for TXLF and I'll give it there as well. I bring this up in case someone is in the area and wants to help staff the booth as well as attend the show, which is in its third year. The link for Texas Linux Fest is http://www.texaslinuxfest.org

So, anyone near San Antone? Cowboy hat optional smile

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-06-10 01:00:45

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Re: OSCON and Texas Linux Fest

Thanks for the information Larry, it is appreciated!

VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

I dev VSIDO

#3 2012-08-02 13:47:10

rstrcogburn
CrunchRanger
Website

@larry

Are you still going to TXLF?  I'm working/living down here in San Antonio right now and am going tomorrow.  Hope to see you there man!

Pack em in snow!

#4 2012-08-02 18:16:12

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Rats, rstrcogburn -- since the time I wrote the original post, I few things came up and I can't make it to Texas Linux Fest (all work-related issues are keeping me here). Hope you enjoy the fest and let us know what you think (also, if you're still in Texas next year, I plan to go, and maybe you can help staff a CrunchBang booth? big_smile )

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#5 2012-08-02 20:21:21

rstrcogburn
CrunchRanger
Website

Yeah, it's too bad. I read that on your blog about being desklocked after posting my previous comment.  I hope to see you there next year Larry smile

Pack em in snow!

Board footer