SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-06 03:18:55

sunfizz98
Carbonated Orange Juice
Website

[SOLVED] Suspend not working

I just my first netinstall and managed to make a working scrotwm environment, but I have been unable to get the suspend function working for my sleep fn key, although it worked before when I used to be on crunchbang or aptosid.  This is what I currently have in my .scrotwm.conf

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.UPower /org/freedesktop/UPower.org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend 

I have consolekit and upower installed but I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. This is the error I see in tty1.

Error org.freedesktop.UPower.GeneralError: not authorized

Last edited by sunfizz98 (2012-02-06 18:11:26)

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-02-06 05:58:34

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Re: [SOLVED] Suspend not working

Playing around w summin similar, went with awesome wm ... Ran into some suspend issues too.

Might help ya, may not ... But this is what am doing for the time being until I can get it setup better. Installed gdm, pm-utils too. So atm when wanting to suspend, I have to logout of x and am using gdm to do the suspend. Kind of a pita, takes this old PC almost 1min ( timed da sucker, 55secs!)to wake up from suspend, arghhhhhhh. It's working well enough for me though.

babble (CB) wink

Edit: Found summin that looks interesting. While trying to sort out my own headaches, may as well try to help others sort theirs out too. Link that looked promising, installed upower meself. Hopefully it helps me solve some suspend headaches too ...

vll !

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2012-02-06 12:52:38)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#3 2012-02-06 09:27:12

xaos52
The Good Doctor

Could be you are bitten by this bug: http://wiki.debian.org/UserShutdown

#4 2012-02-06 09:41:38

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Not that matters, another interesting tidbit picked up playing around ...

Add yourself to sudoers, think it's /etc/sudoers, as root run visudo ... Link about this babble. Someone can set it up so that they don't even have to use a password for halt, hibernate etc. Assuming that includes suspend too if someone googles a bit. Had things set so if I felt like rebootin from cmdline as reg user. Didn't have to enter the password, just ...

sudo reboot

Haven't quite figured out the suspend headache yet. If ya figure out the suspend probs, hope you'll share with the rest da class. wink

Oh well ... Still kinda neat bit of info to share with peeps I guess. Viva la gnu/Linux ! tongue

PS, afterthought babbling edit: Found summin else that looked worth looking over. Haven't finished digging through it yet though ... Link to the interesting thingy. If this works, I'll take back all the foul things I said about Arch Linux ... Errrrr. Well actually have nothing against Arch, haven't said much of anything bad about em. So nix that, if it works, I'll try to say nice things about the Arch wiki. big_smile

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2012-02-06 10:29:02)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#5 2012-02-06 11:13:11

el_koraco
#!/loony/bun

How do you start your session? xinit? IF so, you need to have

exec ck-launch-session scrotwm

in .xinitrc for consolekit to work.

#6 2012-02-06 18:08:03

sunfizz98
Carbonated Orange Juice
Website

^Yes, I do use xinit.  I'll have to try that out in a moment.

Edit: El_koraco: you rock! The problem is now fixed.

Last edited by sunfizz98 (2012-02-06 18:11:00)

#7 2012-02-06 19:57:01

el_koraco
#!/loony/bun

Yes, everything that wants to be a child of cosolekit must fall under ck-launch-session. In this case, the scrotum session and all that goes on there. It won't be for long, since systemd is replacing ck. It might get worse, though, Pottering is the man at the helm.

Board footer