SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-22 16:56:00

deviattor

Merging title bar into panel

I'm running xfce crunchbang-10 32-bit on a live usb and so far it's working great. I've just switched (or plan on switching) from ubuntu 10.04 with unity which has only one bar since the title bar is included within the top panel. I've been trying to mimic this but been having having a bit of difficulty.

Some guidance for xubuntu (I was searching for things like 'xfce merge title bar and panel') suggested using xfapplet and then a gnome window applet to achieve this. I had some moderate success and could pretty much see what I was wanting but it was in among a mighty big mess that I couldn't seem to sort. For some reason the gnome window applet in xfapplet was very small in terms of width so only "..." was shown as the title. In addition to this I couldn't see how to get rid of the standard way of showing windows in the panel.

The way I was doing it seemed convoluted and so I was hoping there might be a better (and more successful!) way. If anyone knew how to do this or an alternative way of maximising the vertical space it would be much appreciated.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2011-09-22 17:32:19

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Re: Merging title bar into panel

#3 2011-09-23 16:58:09

deviattor

#4 2011-09-23 17:04:07

pvsage
Internal Affairs

I think this may have been one of the reasons UNR moved to a KDE Plasma desktop...

Board footer