SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-13 14:07:42

michaelrose

Installing Statler from LiveCD on a USB drive

I've been struggling with the Statler upgrade for a while now. The wiki was very useful for getting a live image on a drive, I'm running the live Statler now and it's perfect, no issues with hardware at all.

I'm now stuck at the install phase.

I've seen you just reboot and choose 'Text Install'

But I'm always asked to find CD-Rom drivers. And if I skip that and try to load the conf. it asks for hmm//cdrom/etc...

Is this because I am using a CD image? Should I be using USB-image? I've looked for help on this but I think I'm missing something obvious. I'm sure I installed 9.04 from within the live environment itself.

Any hints?

Dell Mini 9 - 2GB RAM - 8GB SSD - Dropbox for all my files - Job Done!

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2010-12-13 14:22:49

Vuoristoneuvos

Re: Installing Statler from LiveCD on a USB drive

See http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic … b-install/ for tips to resolve this issue.

Adding "cdrom-detect/try-usb=true" as a boot option when selecting to install has worked for me on more than one machine.

#3 2010-12-13 14:23:24

luc
#! Die Hard

Re: Installing Statler from LiveCD on a USB drive

1. you are right you were able to install 9.04 from live. But Statler is based on Debian and this has changed.
2. have you had a look at this ? http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic … b-install/
    I think in short it was "expert install" -> mount your usb under /cdrom -> install but i'm not sure as i never did a usb install myself.
good luck
luc

Board footer