SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#576 2014-12-04 23:54:58

Inodoro Pereyra
#! Junkie

Re: Tint2 Help

Thank you Sector11, that worked beautifully. big_smile

PackRat wrote:

Do you have 12 virtual desktops or is that a dual monitor screenshot? Knowing your set up may make a difference.

In your compton.conf you can have it exclude apps like conky and tint2 - and some other settings for panels/dock - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … ation_file

12 desktops, one monitor. It's a laptop.

What's the advantage of excluding Tint2 in compton?

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#577 2014-12-05 02:27:22

PackRat
#! Die Hard

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:

What's the advantage of excluding Tint2 in compton?

You won't get the compton effects on any item in the exclude list - no drop shadows etc ...

I exclude conky windows, fvwm modules, and panels in general. I couldn't tell from your screen shot if it was compton messing up tint2 or not.

S11 got you fixed up so it's all good. The only question remaining is: What do you do that requires 12 virtual desktops?  monkey

Last edited by PackRat (2014-12-05 02:29:23)

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

#578 2014-12-05 03:17:16

Inodoro Pereyra
#! Junkie

PackRat wrote:

The only question remaining is: What do you do that requires 12 virtual desktops?  monkey

I tend to do many things at the same time, and I HATE to have to open and close stuff as I go. So I normally have my browser open in my first desktop, and the terminal in the second. Then, I may use open office writer (writing a book), vlc, brewtarget, etc. So far, I've never used all 12 desktops. My maximum has been 9. But now I'm also gonna have kali and windows 7 (solidworks) on Virtualbox, so...

Board footer