SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-07-24 01:44:41

hinto
#! Windbag

Re: Linux Mint Debian Edition to track Stable

@KrunchTime, yeah paid programmer but not paid admin.  When I started I had no experience in *nix.
I needed a 64-bit non-windows development environment.  64-bit due to pointers, non-windows for mixed authentication (non Active Directory) and mixed case filenames.
So in reality I was "less" than an average Joe.  I was just a bit more motivated wink  At the endo of the day I have a solution to develop.

Simplice is SID.  Siduction is just kernel mods and warnings/fixes/messages on dist-upgrade.  It's 100% Debian SID.
-Hinto

Last edited by hinto (2014-07-24 01:45:31)

"Sometimes I wish I hadn't taken the red pill" -Me

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#27 2014-07-24 02:01:29

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Re: Linux Mint Debian Edition to track Stable

hinto wrote:

@KrunchTime, yeah paid programmer but not paid admin.  When I started I had no experience in *nix.
I needed a 64-bit non-windows development environment.  64-bit due to pointers, non-windows for mixed authentication (non Active Directory) and mixed case filenames.
So in reality I was "less" than an average Joe.  I was just a bit more motivated wink  At the endo of the day I have a solution to develop.

Simplice is SID.  Siduction is just kernel mods and warnings/fixes/messages on dist-upgrade.  It's 100% Debian SID.
-Hinto

Okay, but IMO you have the aptitude for such things based on your programming ability.  A number of people just don't have the aptitude, patience, or desire to tinker with Linux or any other OS for that matter.  It's the same as me trying to be an artist; it ain't gonna ever happen.  I took an art class in college and dropped it after about two weeks.  I just wasn't blessed with the ability to be an artist.

I don't ascribe to the saying, "You can do anything as long as you put in the effort and put your mind to it."

Last edited by KrunchTime (2014-07-24 02:05:43)

Board footer