SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-16 02:21:17

yodamin

Connect and use a Scanner shared by netgear 6300 router

Hey all.
New member-be gentle please:-)

OK. I don't even know if this is possible. I have an Epson 4490 printer connected to my router via USB. Router is Netgear 6300. I use Netgear's Ready-share app from windows, my whole family does, to access and use the scanner when needed. I looked (briefly) for a Linux alternative to Ready-share but could not find one readily. I am looking for a solution for my newly installed #! laptop.

Does anyone know of one or if this can even be done?

Thanks.

John

When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". F*ck off. What good is a goddamn cake you can't eat? What should I eat, someone else's cake instead?
~ George Carlin

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-10-16 16:49:44

yodamin

Re: Connect and use a Scanner shared by netgear 6300 router

No one?

Well. I have installed sane sane-utils xsane and the epson driver(s) from the epson website. Epson provides files for iscan so I installed them also. I am not sure how to configfure iscan for a network scanner but I'll get to that soon.  I opened the net.conf located in the etc/saned directory and uncommented locahost while adding the ip to my router. No love yet. I'll keep reading.

Anyone wants to add something please do, at this point I am kinda lost.

Cheers,

John

When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". F*ck off. What good is a goddamn cake you can't eat? What should I eat, someone else's cake instead?
~ George Carlin

Board footer