SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#26 2013-09-27 19:50:45

Linuxephus™
Banned

Re: [Arch Linuxly SOLVED] Back to #! after LinuxBBQ Darkside & AB 2013.09

porkpiehat wrote:

I think tamikan just said that in other (and fewer useless) words: "best is subjective."

Negative.
Tamikan stated: "Best is subjective therefore it cannot be universal."
"The best for me isn't necessarily the best for you"

I then in turn gave a more defined explanation of Why and How "best is subjective..." for a better understanding to the Reader at large as to the application of the sentence used.
Thus, I restated what others might find to be equally usefull, despite your personal objective in finding no use for it.
Which doesn't by way of context make the more defined explanation "useless". wink

-Evolution Is Merely God's Way Of Performing An Upgrade.-
-Linux: Guerrilla UNIX Development...Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.-
-Linux: The Operating System With A C.L.U.E...Command Line User Environment.-

Be excellent to each other!

#27 2013-09-28 09:04:24

Barnabyh
#! Die Hard
Website

anonymous wrote:
Barnabyh wrote:

Yah. What's the point. Do you actually need all the latest hardware drivers and whatever improvements are in every new increment?

If your hardware is brand spanking new (think Haswell graphics or Intel 7260 wlan) then yes you might want a new kernel. Even more so if you're doing a netinstall wirelessly.

Well, in that case, absolutely smile .

From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

#28 2013-10-01 00:56:24

tamikan
#! Die Hard

tamikan wrote:

Since it's pretty time consuming to install Arch from scratch I took the archbang shortcut and I've installed the 64 bit version on my laptop and 32 bit on a dinosaur at home. I had no issues on my 64 bit laptop but on my dinosaur I had random X server crash

That's right I actually had no issues on my 64 bit laptop so ArchBang is back on my laptop as you can see in the last screenshot I posted
1380565972.jpg
but I keep #! on the dinosaur big_smile

Top things devil
dwb | Firefox Nightly | sakura | emacs | moc | #! | Arch | Doing 1 thing @ the time | Music from the 90s

#29 2013-10-07 12:33:08

tamikan
#! Die Hard

I love this community but I went pure Arch Linux on my laptop AND on my dinosaur this time and I have no regrets. I took the ArchBang shortcut because I thought installing Arch Linux would be time consuming but I found a nice guide on how to setup Arch Linux with openbox and everything went smoothly  devil

Top things devil
dwb | Firefox Nightly | sakura | emacs | moc | #! | Arch | Doing 1 thing @ the time | Music from the 90s

#30 2013-10-07 14:20:01

anonymous
The Mystery Member

^ Is there any reason you just didn't use the Arch's Beginners' Guide? Just curious.

#31 2013-10-07 14:38:48

tamikan
#! Die Hard

I haven't read the beginner's guide because the length of it discouraged me but I did look at the installation guide. Unfortunately, my system would not boot so I gave up. Then after looking for tutorials on how to install Arch Linux I've stumbled upon that guide that got me going right away. When I compare both guides, I realize that when I've followed Arch Linux installation guide, at the step in which you have to configure the system I did

genfstab -p -U /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab

to use UUIDs but somehow my system would not boot in the end. At that step in Will's guide, he simply suggested the default command

genfstab -p /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab

and after trying that, my system would boot.

Top things devil

Board footer