SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-29 09:30:50

Hy
#! Member

Anyone want to bring me up to speed?

I haven't been around here much, and as i just started to settle back in on the forum i notice that there has been some sort of dis-harmony since i was last active, and Corenominal going AWOL?!

What happened??

Will it the development of #! be affected?

<--- bit worried here TBH

*links to relevant posts/threads most welcome
(if mis-posted please move)

~ #! Another satisfied customer #! ~

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-08-29 09:59:27

Unia
#! Octo-portal-pussy

Re: Anyone want to bring me up to speed?

I'm sure it's best to leave it be and let the past be the past wink

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres
Github

I am a #! forum moderator. Feel free to send me a PM with any question you have!

#3 2013-08-29 11:09:23

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@Hy:  It looks like most parties involved - the ones willing to invest the time and effort, anyway - have talked things out and cleared up any misunderstandings.  I expect some changes in forum policy, but I think they'll be for the better.  This community has been through tough times before, and it will endure.

I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#4 2013-08-29 12:45:37

otak
#! Member

Just logged in after holidays, normally I don't even check off-topic but I when I read that people who I really respect were leaving I had to find out so I've spent the last couple of hours catching up.  As the others said most of the upset has been resolved in this post:
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=28493&p=1

Well done to CBiz for starting a really interesting thread.  You showed great maturity.  Massive thanks to everyone for their expertise, humour and tolerance.  Shame it nearly didn't happen though:

pvsage wrote:

EDIT:  Technically, I should close down this thread, since it's in response to the closure of another thread.  I think it would be better if we used this as an opportunity to discuss - civilly - what went wrong, what else is going wrong, and how we can improve.  I think the community needs a thread like this right now.

Excellent decision there.  Thanks pv, I know you work hard to hold things together.

So I look forward to a discussion on changes to forum policy.  After all the hurt and hate the thing which made me want to leave most was this:

bobobex wrote:

The moderator will explain the reason behind closing a thread and if any members then decide to open a new thread discussing why a previous thread has been closed, then that member will face a ban.
If these terms are not acceptable to you, please feel free to leave at any time.

I for one certainly do not want to see discussions closed without an explanation / redirection.
  ta-ra for now...

#5 2013-08-29 13:52:46

Hy
#! Member

OK, thanks folks  smile

Somewhat relieved now. I was worried that my favourite distro might have been starting to melt down, and i'd really hate to see that happen.

wink

~ #! Another satisfied customer #! ~

#6 2013-08-29 14:07:22

djendreizak
#! Member

@ Hy

The community is so great, I hope the day will never come wink

/djendreizak

#7 2013-08-29 18:45:16

Barnabyh
#! Die Hard
Website

Umm, all this is new to me---looks like some of the posters who unfortunately felt the need to leave were a bit thin-skinned. But if they haven't been happy here for years this was just the last straw. Shame, I will miss their contributions as I got used to DebianJoe and Ivan and others being here, but -I hope- the community will get over it.

As a side note, far from being divisive as insinuated, I believe BBQ is complementing #! very well. They're a great team!

From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

#8 2013-08-29 21:32:11

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Watch my sig for a new thread this weekend; I plan on opening one specifically to discuss changes in moderation policy.  Meanwhile, if you have the time, have a read through the thread otak linked to above; hopefully it will calm some of your fears (EDIT:...unless you have Pony fear).  This forum is here to stay, and I think it will emerge from this stronger than ever. cool

@otak:  Thank you.  I moderate; isn't that what moderators are supposed to do? wink

@Barnabyh:  I agree, the BBQ has a great community!  In fact, The Grillmeister and I have been getting along rather well lately.

Last edited by pvsage (2013-08-29 21:43:21)

I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#9 2013-08-29 21:51:54

Barnabyh
#! Die Hard
Website

pvsage wrote:

@Barnabyh:  I agree, the BBQ has a great community!  In fact, The Grillmeister and I have been getting along rather well lately.

Nice. That's quite an ecology that's sprung up around Crunchbang, with Vsido, BBQ and some other offerings based on Sid influenced by the bang look and choice of apps.

Speaking of Vsido, I hope VastOne is ok and is only taking break from moderating or on holiday.

Last edited by Barnabyh (2013-08-29 21:53:45)

From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

Board footer