SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#301 2013-08-16 00:14:33

Carvool

Re: Joe's repo grab-bag (testing like it's 1999)

What a shame that things turned out this way. This was definitely one of my favorite topics around here. I showed up to this community because I heard it was pretty swell. I was a little late for the party, I guess.

Ah well. I ain't got nowhere better to go.

Farewell, DebianJoe cry

Name's vool. Carvool.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#302 2013-08-16 15:22:53

kbmonkey
#! Die Hard
Website

I am sad to hear this DebianJoe, but I am glad you made a choice. Your efforts are top-notch and I do not doubt you will carry on doing so with your new goal. All the best friend :-)

#303 2013-08-16 15:39:14

kbmonkey
#! Die Hard
Website

A Zen master named Gisan asked a young student to bring him a pail of water to cool his bath.

The student brought the water and, after cooling the bath, threw on to the ground the little that was left over.

"You dunce!" the master scolded him. "Why didn't you give the rest of the water to the plants? What right have you to waste even a drop of water in this temple?"

The young student attained Zen in that instant. He changed his name to Tekisui, which means a drop of water.

It feels like a lot of the posts which spurred this are akin to the young student in the koan above.

The reasons for wasting the water vary, but only once we become humble do we learn to redirect our passions.

Become the drop of water.

* For those who can't decipher my metaphor: dismiss negative posts and focus on the rest who genuinely are here to learn. Easier said than done, but even the zen master will punish the student who fails to learn. Posts below a certain quality or calibre should be punished, so to speak and in my opinion.

#304 2013-08-16 16:58:03

GekkoP
#! Junkie
Website

Very, very sad to hear all of these goodbyes. I'll miss you, DebianJoe.

#305 2013-08-16 17:45:03

JWJones
#! Member

Heading out behind you, DJ.

So this is some funny shit. Hmm, one year, one year, one year...

jed wrote:

Second, in the last year, just in case Philip hasn't noticed, this forum has degenerated into such petty, harping, and hateful vitriol, that I personally rarely come around anymore.

Screen_shot_2013_08_16_at_10_35_57_AM.jpg

And what a bunch of crap...

jed wrote:

Fourth, and lastly, the need of some of you to speak down to others and be so arrogant and pompous (speaking directly here, the BBQ bunch that has split off from Crunchbang and created their own 'offensive' little group) is seriously hurting Crunchbang!

Whatever. Y'all have fun!

LinuxBBQ • Slackware • antiX
Thinkpad T61 – Intel Core2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00 GHz

#306 2013-08-16 17:55:19

pvsage
Internal Affairs

I've been resisting posting in this thread at this point because I know there's little I can do or say that will bring DebianJoe back.  I can only say that I deeply regret what happened in that thread and that the posts from jed happened while "mods asleep". roll  We have no tolerance for such flaming in our forum.

Last edited by pvsage (2013-08-16 17:59:38)

Yes; as a matter of fact, I am a cop.  Why do you ask? cool
I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#307 2013-08-16 18:10:25

intoCB
Scatweasel

To be honest, I think no one rushed in about "offensive little group" because it was just something boring we glossed over.

Considering the person who wrote that was pushing the idea that it's not as good as it used to be around here, I'm not sure how any of you are making a stand against him by leaving.

But that is your right.

However, know this: The Crunchbang community has been made strong by contributors like you DebianJoe, Pidsley, Unia, Dura etc.

Many of us round here consider Linuxbbq a sister project and the only reason I personally don't latch on to it is to give some of you some breathing space wink "Offensive little group" is certainly not what you are. Linuxbbq is #!'s blood brother/sister.

"Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers." - Steve Ballmer

#308 2013-08-16 18:24:31

intoCB
Scatweasel

As for no one defending, this was a direct attack on Jed's post http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=28412

"Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers." - Steve Ballmer

#309 2013-08-17 01:03:51

MarioMaster100
#! Junkie

Aww sad to see this thread be done away with and to see good crunchbangers leave, this was a pretty cool topic hmm

Thank you everyone for being helpful and answering my questions.
Machinae Supremacy fan for life \m/_(^_^)_\m/

#310 2013-08-17 05:51:56

pvsage
Internal Affairs

As this thread's OP has departed and the thread is no longer serving OP's intended purpose, it is probably for the best that it be closed at this point.  It will, of course, be retained for posterity.
/closed

Yes; as a matter of fact, I am a cop.  Why do you ask? cool
I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

Board footer