SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-30 13:44:35

cr3

Hail Crunchbang (Crunchbang rules)

Hello!
I cannot express my praise for this distribution. It has installed in bare 15 minutes. 'cb-welcome' script is executing in the background right now. I've tried Mageia, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu (but old releases), Slackware... even Gentoo. None of these distros have made me happy like I am now.

This is how Linux should look like! tongue

Everything works out of the box, even my wifi card and graphics...
I have absolutely no objections/everything looks and functions great. Also forum design is great.

OK, maybe I have one "notice"... because I'm from Poland, there could be a possibility to choose two languages during installation, I couldn't choose Polish keyboard with English translations, so I had to choose Polish in order to have Polish keyboard "keyset" : P but it's not a problem for me : P

Thank you for this great distro with unlimited power,
Michael K.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-06-30 15:23:00

Barnabyh
#! Die Hard
Website

Re: Hail Crunchbang (Crunchbang rules)

Hi cr3, and welcome to the community and this awesome distro.

From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

#3 2013-06-30 15:24:04

Andrinho7

cr3 wrote:

OK, maybe I have one "notice"... because I'm from Poland, there could be a possibility to choose two languages during installation, I couldn't choose Polish keyboard with English translations, so I had to choose Polish in order to have Polish keyboard "keyset" : P but it's not a problem for me : P
Michael K.

I actually have installed #! with English translations and have choosen Italian keyset. They are shown in two different pages of the installation. Are you sure you have not skipped any passages?

Lenovo Thinkpad T60 -- Intel T5500 -- 1 GB RAM -- 40 GB HD

#4 2013-06-30 17:14:27

DebianJoe
#! Code Whisperer
Website

Welcome to the Crunchbang family cr3.  It's a pleasure to have you with us.

#5 2013-06-30 19:28:28

fatmac
#! Die Hard

Welcome aboard cr3.

Linux since 1999
Currently:  AntiX, & Crunchbang.
A good general beginners book for Linux :- http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
A good Debian read :- http://debian-handbook.info/get/now/

#6 2013-07-01 07:48:04

cr3

Andrinho7 wrote:
cr3 wrote:

Michael K.

I actually have installed #! with English translations and have choosen Italian keyset. They are shown in two different pages of the installation. Are you sure you have not skipped any passages?

Maybe I overlooked something... But I'm pretty sure that at first I've selected English and there were about 10 keysets to choose from (no Polish keyset),  but when I moved back and selected Polish language there were more (with Polish). And yes, language was on one page and keysets on next page. But it's not a big problem I think.

#7 2013-07-01 11:12:08

arcum
#! CrunchBanger
Website

cr3 wrote:

... I think.

big_smile welcome cr3 - enjoy #!

playtime's over - shit just got real

#8 2013-07-01 19:15:19

Alefa

cr3 wrote:
Andrinho7 wrote:
cr3 wrote:

Michael K.

Maybe I overlooked something... But I'm pretty sure that at first I've selected English and there were about 10 keysets to choose from (no Polish keyset),  but when I moved back and selected Polish language there were more (with Polish). And yes, language was on one page and keysets on next page. But it's not a big problem I think.

You're right, when you select English as the locale, you can't directly select Polish as the keyboard layout. However, you can select "Other", which leads you to a new list with keyboard layouts, among which Polish should be available. This is the method I used to have an English system with German keyboard layout. See if that works for your next installation.

A warm welcome from me, too!

#9 2013-07-01 23:12:11

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Welcome to CrunchBang, cr3, and hope you enjoy the distro!

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Board footer