SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-12 10:38:37

MaxSteel

[SOLVED] Installation fails with italian settings

Hi,

today I tried to re-install #! to solve my cb-welcome issue. The good news is that probably it's generated by the fact that I can't reach debian.com and debina.net (I used the same image for the first installation for testing some days ago and it worked fine), so nothing to do with #!. The bad news is that I can't install #! with Italian language. I always install with default settings and change everything in my installed system but this time I wanted to try so... if I set Italian language for the installation, Italian timezone and Italian keymap the basic system is unable to install (it fails in every steps), I can't remember the error message (the first one was something about chroot and proc) so I'll try another time in the next days.

If someone can help me to save all messages without writing all by hand, I'll really appriciate.

Last edited by MaxSteel (2013-05-14 21:02:05)

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." - Salvador Dalí

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2013-05-12 12:02:46

xaos52
The Good Doctor

Re: [SOLVED] Installation fails with italian settings

debian installer handbook wrote:

6.3.8.1. Saving the installation logs

If the installation is successful, the logfiles created during the installation process will be automatically saved to /var/log/installer/ on your new Debian system.

Choosing Save debug logs from the main menu allows you to save the log files to a floppy disk, network, hard disk, or other media. This can be useful if you encounter fatal problems during the installation and wish to study the logs on another system or attach them to an installation report.

Perhaps the debian italian forum has more info?

Last edited by xaos52 (2013-05-12 12:08:42)

#3 2013-05-12 12:27:55

MaxSteel

Re: [SOLVED] Installation fails with italian settings

** old post deleted **

EDIT: I can't which is the matter that generates it, but here you a sort of solution:

If during the installation base system appears the following error:

debbtstrap notice
Warning: failure tryning to run: chroot / target mount-t proc proc / proc

you must not go back, but forward. Now, click on Next button (you will see only errors) until you see the screen of the steps of the installation. In this screen you must skip "install the base system" and choose "configuration of the package manager".

Wait that the next display appears and now you have to choose to "install the base system".

EDIT 2: If the first edit of this post doesn't work, always in the list of all installation steps (after all errors) chose to set another language, set English and click "next" until the magic begin: the system will start installing it-self.

Last edited by MaxSteel (2013-05-14 20:06:24)

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." - Salvador Dalí

Board footer