SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-18 14:42:05

codecaptain
New Member
Registered: 2013-04-18
Posts: 3

Hello World!

smile Just installed #! yesterday i did not dual boot i just wiped windows 7 off and replaced it with #!, I love how fast and simple it is. Anyway i just have run into one little annoyance i have volume control keys on my laptop and i can not control the volume with those keys i have to manually adjust it by clicking the speaker icon at the top and adjusting the slider. If anyone could help me with this minor problem that would be great!!!!

Offline

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-04-18 15:23:01

cortman
#! CrunchBanger
From: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 128

Re: Hello World!

Check that they're enabled in the volume control applet preferences.
And welcome to Crunchbang. smile

Last edited by cortman (2013-04-18 15:23:13)


Copy.com offers 15 GB free cloud storage plus 5 GB extra for both of us when you use my my referral link. smile

Offline

#3 2013-04-18 15:31:16

fatmac
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-11-14
Posts: 1,948

Re: Hello World!

Welcome aboard codecaptain.


Linux since 1999
Currently:  AntiX, & Crunchbang.
A good general beginners book for Linux :- http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
A good Debian read :- http://debian-handbook.info/get/now/

Offline

#4 2013-04-18 15:57:01

vicshrike
#! by Default
From: /grill
Registered: 2009-02-13
Posts: 3,118

Re: Hello World!

welcome to the forums captain, great choice of distro you have made, have fun


#!, all else is but a shadow.

Offline

#5 2013-04-18 15:58:06

lcafiero
The #! Guy
From: Felton, California, USA
Registered: 2011-07-21
Posts: 2,202
Website

Re: Hello World!

Welcome to CrunchBang, codecaptain, and enjoy the distro.


Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Online

#6 2013-04-18 20:34:51

douglas
#! CrunchBanger
From: Dallas, Texas
Registered: 2011-01-09
Posts: 230

Re: Hello World!

codecaptain wrote:

Just installed #! yesterday i did not dual boot i just wiped windows 7 off and replaced it with #!

big_smile Yah!  One down, two billion to go.  But seriously, it is a nice feeling to finally "cut the cord" completely.

Offline

#7 2013-04-18 20:37:30

DebianJoe
#! Code Whisperer
From: The Bleeding Edge
Registered: 2013-03-13
Posts: 1,207
Website

Re: Hello World!

Welcome to the Crunchbang family.  It's a pleasure to have you.

Offline

#8 2013-04-19 01:27:13

codecaptain
New Member
Registered: 2013-04-18
Posts: 3

Re: Hello World!

cortman wrote:

Check that they're enabled in the volume control applet preferences.
And welcome to Crunchbang. smile

Thank you. The #! community seems to be very active. I appreciate your help!

Offline

#9 2013-04-19 01:30:10

codecaptain
New Member
Registered: 2013-04-18
Posts: 3

Re: Hello World!

douglas wrote:
codecaptain wrote:

Just installed #! yesterday i did not dual boot i just wiped windows 7 off and replaced it with #!

big_smile Yah!  One down, two billion to go.  But seriously, it is a nice feeling to finally "cut the cord" completely.

I feel like my computer is actually mine now, the possibilities are endless!

Offline

#10 2013-04-19 13:24:58

VastOne
#! Ranger
From: V-Ger
Registered: 2011-04-26
Posts: 10,163
Website

Re: Hello World!

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community codecaptain, we are glad to have you!


VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

We do not run from challenges, they become new innovations within VSIDO!

Offline

#11 2013-04-19 15:30:52

Barnabyh
#! Die Hard
From: Church of the Subgenius
Registered: 2012-11-07
Posts: 818
Website

Re: Hello World!

Welcome for me too, codecaptain. Volume keys worked for me no problem, sorry not to be able to be of help there.


From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

Offline

#12 2013-04-19 19:28:32

xaris
Member
Registered: 2013-04-17
Posts: 33

Re: Hello World!

Welcome to the #! community codecaptain!

codecaptain wrote:
douglas wrote:
codecaptain wrote:

Just installed #! yesterday i did not dual boot i just wiped windows 7 off and replaced it with #!

big_smile Yah!  One down, two billion to go.  But seriously, it is a nice feeling to finally "cut the cord" completely.

I feel like my computer is actually mine now, the possibilities are endless!

I have the same feeling with linux!


Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. - Edsger W. Dijkstra

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

Debian Logo