SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-05 22:56:47

besim

Great distro!

Thank you guys for this great distro.
A nifty piece indeed. No bloatware...Just the things you need... Fast, crafty, ultimate customisation, and yes, debian... What else would one need?
I gave it a try after all the frustrations I have experienced with later ubuntus or derivatives: anything from 8.04 onwards. Now I use it on my Mac as a virtual machine and on my eeePC as the one and only operating system.
Just one comment for those who would use crunchbang as a virtualbox client. The vboxlinuxadditions install is problematic, at least on a mac host. I had to download the iso and mount and install it afterwards, making sure that the proper linux-headers and build-essential were present. Unfortunately, Virtualbox utility for it goes into a loop and cannot mount the iso.
Keep up the good work.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-02-14 23:49:12

niccarpediem

Re: Great distro!

I second the congratulations for this distro, I'm finally switching away from xp full time.

#3 2013-02-14 23:53:28

disfarmer
#! Member

Re: Great distro!

Welcome to CB-land. The folks are friendly and the beer is free. I've been a resident here for 3+ years and it just keeps getting better.

"Ten thousand people shouting the same thing makes it false--even if it happens to be true." - Søren Kierkegaard

Board footer