SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#101 2012-12-14 07:55:56

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Re: Windows 8 & freedom

ew wrote:
omns wrote:

We could postulate about this forever methinks but in the end most consumers who are bothered by this sort of approach will do something about it, either with their feet or via modification of the system. When I look at my touch screen devices they are widget free and devoid of as many icons as possible. Clearly I struggle with change...  roll

Nah, I don`t struggle as much as you. My Samsung S2 has a lot of icons, and I am quite happy touching that. But not the display on my laptop. I polish it almost every day, and can`t stand any signs of smudge or dust on my pc-screen. I sometimes polish other peoples flatscreens when I`m visting. When they don`t see me of course:)

We're alike, you and I. except that I don't go around polishing other people's screens.  I'm constantly using a microfiber cloth, or a canister of compressed air, on my iPad.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#102 2012-12-14 13:13:04

ew
#! Die Hard

Re: Windows 8 & freedom

KrunchTime wrote:
ew wrote:
omns wrote:

We could postulate about this forever methinks but in the end most consumers who are bothered by this sort of approach will do something about it, either with their feet or via modification of the system. When I look at my touch screen devices they are widget free and devoid of as many icons as possible. Clearly I struggle with change...  roll

Nah, I don`t struggle as much as you. My Samsung S2 has a lot of icons, and I am quite happy touching that. But not the display on my laptop. I polish it almost every day, and can`t stand any signs of smudge or dust on my pc-screen. I sometimes polish other peoples flatscreens when I`m visting. When they don`t see me of course:)

We're alike, you and I. except that I don't go around polishing other people's screens.  I'm constantly using a microfiber cloth, or a canister of compressed air, on my iPad.

Well, I don`t polish other peoples screens, exept when we are visting inlaws or other family,  and are staying for a week or so. If I`m visting for just a few hours then I`ll leave them be. But if I`m there for a week, then I`m actually gonna use the screens....

- apt-mark hold account

Board footer