SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-12 00:03:46

Thundergus

Crunchbang is perfect... but I am total newbie!!! (SOLVED)

Hi guys, I was using Ubuntu and with the updates/upgrades the system on my netbook was very slow...( Atom Intel 1.6 Ghz CPU, 1GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Mobile GMA intergrated GPU and 320GB HDD). Well, last night i found searching on google the amazing Crunchbang, it really took me... I did the format on my netbook and it was so smooth and fast. Then I realised that it takes only 100MB from RAM... That was the first shock... But the other shock is that I only know how to use the terminal. All the other staff like personalizing your OS and etc... was helpfull for me from the graphics environment. Ok i know that Crunchbang is minimalistic and that I must learn it by my own but I am a student and i want to learn that's why i love it... The question is this: " Is there any manual or something like that to help me to unsterstand fully the #!?". And please forgive me if I had done any spelling mistake, I am from Greece...

Last edited by Thundergus (2012-12-12 17:25:52)

Nothing is true,Everything is permitted...

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-12-12 10:03:22

dura
Bloated Gimp

Re: Crunchbang is perfect... but I am total newbie!!! (SOLVED)

The openbox site is good for learning, so too these forums as they are one of the only openbox debian specific places. The Debian Administrators Handbook is good, but most of all we learn by doing round here so just have a go at customizing/breaking your machine somehow and we will gladly learn with you.

#3 2012-12-12 12:16:48

fatmac
#! Die Hard

Welcome aboard Thundergus.

You might find this thread of interest :-
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=23168

Linux since 1999
Currently:  AntiX, & Crunchbang.
A good general beginners book for Linux :- http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
A good Debian read :- http://debian-handbook.info/get/now/

#4 2012-12-12 13:33:59

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Can say with complete ( 100%) confidence) that everyone started as a newb ... New to gnu/nix ... somewhere. You are @ the manual right now ... The community and the forum here. Think ... well more like know, is an encylopedia of #! and Linux. With this + google + time to experiment, in whichever order you prefer. You won't be a newb for long ...

Vl#!! wink

Ps ... And welcome to the crunchiness btw. smile Ok am gone ... songs to listen to folks.

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#5 2012-12-12 17:47:10

Thundergus

Thanks a lot guys, you really helped me now i have the book with all the information I want... But that doesn't mean that I am going to forget you... tongue   kiss ... And now i can understand this forum better...( don't forget that I am Greek...!!!)  glasses  cool

#6 2012-12-12 21:27:23

junkie
#! Junkie

Me too. Kalós órises! To hóverkráft mu íne gemáto hélia.

#7 2012-12-12 22:05:28

Thundergus

Thanks for your hospitality but what do you mean when you say that your hovercraft is full of eel?  hmm ... And please write in English... angel I don't want any problems with the admin of the forum... I am just saying that I am from Greece so the other users speak to me as more simple as they can... By the way, nice to meet you!!!  big_smile

#8 2012-12-12 22:10:00

dura
Bloated Gimp

Mine is too. All slippery. Little buggers.

#9 2012-12-12 22:13:09

junkie
#! Junkie

Hey cool I'm Greek too! Though, my Greek sucks. Just a little comedy, sorry no intention to offend. Parents keep trying to teach me. Welcome friend!

#10 2012-12-13 05:47:51

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Apparently the eels thing is from an old Monty Python sketch.  We're a rough and rowdy bunch here, but we mean well. monkey

Welcome to Club#!!

I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

Board footer