SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-10 18:39:51

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Hi, I don't think there is a page dedicated solely to showing off hot terminal emulator configs and exchanging them. Maybe nobody is interested in showing their's off, but it seems to me to be a natural extension of the interest in hot conky configs, etc.,

I have been tampering with my terminator colours loosely for a few hours. And have created something I quite like. This:

tZnR4Mg

I've seen far sexier on these forums, and if given the chance I would like to stare at them some more.

Edit: As you can see, my recent passion for the music of Prince influenced my weeks config'n

Last edited by dura (2012-10-10 21:58:44)

Offline

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-10-10 18:48:30

chameleon
#! Die Hard
From: luxembourg (uk guy)
Registered: 2009-01-13
Posts: 587
Website

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

@d!
Nice idea.
I don't use terminator but I like this sort of thread...

Offline

#3 2012-10-10 19:48:18

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Get yer configs out

Offline

#4 2012-10-10 19:51:22

mynis01
#! Die Hard
From: 127.0.0.1
Registered: 2010-07-02
Posts: 1,933

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

tZnR5OQ

Offline

#5 2012-10-10 19:54:03

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Nice mynis01! how do you gets them pacman thingios? Seen them, want them, or at least to know what they are...

it's an arch pacman thing i guess...

Last edited by dura (2012-10-10 20:03:27)

Offline

#6 2012-10-10 21:17:54

mynis01
#! Die Hard
From: 127.0.0.1
Registered: 2010-07-02
Posts: 1,933

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

d! wrote:

...how do you gets them pacman thingies...

http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic … s-scripts/

Offline

#7 2012-10-10 21:32:20

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Thanks man.

Maybe this should also be a terminal emulator config page, seeing as a lot of hot configs aren't actually terminator...

Offline

#8 2012-10-10 21:34:29

mynis01
#! Die Hard
From: 127.0.0.1
Registered: 2010-07-02
Posts: 1,933

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

I think a lot of the people on these forums that actually tweak their terminals beyond the sane defaults that #! provides use urxvt. There's already a thread or two about that.

Offline

#9 2012-10-10 21:43:50

pvsage
Internal Affairs
From: North Carolina
Registered: 2009-10-18
Posts: 11,462

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

d! wrote:

Thanks man.

Maybe this should also be a terminal emulator config page, seeing as a lot of hot configs aren't actually terminator...

Plus, we don't really want to be getting spam for nude Summer Glau and Linda Hamilton photoshops (or Ahnold, for that matter)...at least, we don't want to see that in this forum... wink

Last edited by pvsage (2012-10-10 23:28:35)


Yes; as a matter of fact, I am a cop.  Why do you ask? cool
I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

Online

#10 2012-10-10 22:13:37

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

I changed the thread title, and changed my bashrc so I have a nice looking command. I like how it says in bashrc that the attention should be on what is happening in the emulator rather than things like this...  ...my efforts are so rudimentary that doing such things is progress!

tZnUxbw

Edit: I didn't get that Linda Hamilton reference until I just googled it... lol

Last edited by dura (2012-10-10 22:40:28)

Offline

#11 2012-10-10 23:12:35

VastOne
#! Ranger
From: #! Fringe Division
Registered: 2011-04-26
Posts: 10,163
Website

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Very basic xfce4-terminal setup

screenshot-10102012-061128pm.php


VSIDO | SolusOS

Words That Build Or Destroy

Offline

#12 2012-10-11 13:21:34

fog
#! CrunchBanger
From: Athens, Greece
Registered: 2012-05-11
Posts: 149
Website

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

pvsage wrote:

Plus, we don't really want to be getting spam for nude Summer Glau and Linda Hamilton photoshops (or Ahnold, for that matter)...at least, we don't want to see that in this forum... wink

It's hot in here, must be Summer big_smile

Elegant brit-like look for today:

2012_10_11_1349961494_1351x564_scrot.jpg


I’m not antisocial, I’m just not user friendly.
photos || blog || dArt || instagram

Offline

#13 2012-10-11 14:26:56

pvsage
Internal Affairs
From: North Carolina
Registered: 2009-10-18
Posts: 11,462

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

@fog:  Yeah, saw that episode.  Poor Raj and his liver...though it was "near beer" and the placebo effect in that case. wink


Yes; as a matter of fact, I am a cop.  Why do you ask? cool
I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

Online

#14 2012-10-11 16:31:08

Doomicide
#! Junkie
From: the Nightosphere
Registered: 2011-06-24
Posts: 472
Website

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

st is finally pretty usable, just has two issues left for me:
    1. Pasting text from the X-selection in tmux doesn't work right.
    2. Weird focus issues with dwm+tmux.
So for now I'm using urxvt as my tmux terminal and st for everything else
tZnVjeg
config.h

#define FONT "Termsynu:pixelsize=13:antialias=false:autohint=true"

/* Space in pixels around the terminal buffer */
#define BORDER 2

/* Default shell to use if SHELL is not set in the env */
#define SHELL "/bin/sh"

/* Terminal colors (16 first used in escape sequence) */
static const char *colorname[] = {
    /* 8 normal colors */
    "#101010",
    "#960050",
    "#66aa11",
    "#c47f2c",
    "#30309b",
    "#7e40a5",
    "#3579a8",
    "#9999aa",

    /* 8 bright colors */
    "#303030",
    "#ff0090",
    "#80ff00",
    "#ffba68",
    "#5f5fee",
    "#bb88dd",
    "#4eb4fa",
    "#d0d0d0",

    [255] = 0,

    /* more colors can be added after 255 to use with DefaultXX */
    "#9999aa",
    "#d0d0d0",
};

/* Default colors (colorname index)
   foreground, background, cursor, unfocused cursor */
#define DefaultFG  15
#define DefaultBG  0
#define DefaultCS  15
#define DefaultUCS 8

/* Special keys (change & recompile st.info accordingly)
   Keep in mind that kpress() in st.c hardcodes some keys.

   Mask value:
   * Use XK_ANY_MOD to match the key no matter modifiers state
   * Use XK_NO_MOD to match the key alone (no modifiers)

      key,        mask,  output */
static Key key[] = {
    { XK_BackSpace, XK_NO_MOD, "\177" },
    { XK_Insert,    XK_NO_MOD, "\033[2~" },
    { XK_Delete,    XK_NO_MOD, "\033[3~" },
    { XK_Home,      XK_NO_MOD, "\033[1~" },
    { XK_End,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[4~" },
    { XK_Prior,     XK_NO_MOD, "\033[5~" },
    { XK_Next,      XK_NO_MOD, "\033[6~" },
    { XK_F1,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OP"   },
    { XK_F2,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OQ"   },
    { XK_F3,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OR"   },
    { XK_F4,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OS"   },
    { XK_F5,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[15~" },
    { XK_F6,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[17~" },
    { XK_F7,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[18~" },
    { XK_F8,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[19~" },
    { XK_F9,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[20~" },
    { XK_F10,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[21~" },
    { XK_F11,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[23~" },
    { XK_F12,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[24~" },
};

/* Set TERM to this */
#define TNAME "st-256color"

/* double-click timeout (in milliseconds) between clicks for selection */
#define DOUBLECLICK_TIMEOUT 300
#define TRIPLECLICK_TIMEOUT (2*DOUBLECLICK_TIMEOUT)

#define TAB 8

“From each according to his faculties; to each according to his needs”
Look at the code. Look at the silly code!

Offline

#15 2012-10-11 16:40:38

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

st is finally pretty usable, just has two issues left for me:
    1. Pasting text from the X-selection in tmux doesn't work right.
    2. Weird focus issues with dwm+tmux.
So for now I'm using urxvt as my tmux terminal and st for everything else

Still mostly a mystery to me. Oh, what treasures the future holds...

Offline

#16 2012-11-03 05:36:48

Slapshot
New Member
Registered: 2012-05-27
Posts: 7

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Urxvt with Tmux running with irssi (there is an inner tmux session for the ssh session Im in).
tZzRqeQ

Showing multiple windows and colors in Urxvt with tmux.
tZzRqeg

Offline

#17 2012-11-03 11:25:05

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

^ Looking good, much more sane and usable than my bodged effort, your's actually works even when really busy. I've made my own better now...

Offline

#18 2012-11-27 22:12:51

JiCeheR
New Member
Registered: 2011-11-15
Posts: 6

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Doomicide wrote:

st is finally pretty usable, just has two issues left for me:
    1. Pasting text from the X-selection in tmux doesn't work right.
    2. Weird focus issues with dwm+tmux.
So for now I'm using urxvt as my tmux terminal and st for everything else
http://ompldr.org/tZnVjeg
config.h

#define FONT "Termsynu:pixelsize=13:antialias=false:autohint=true"

/* Space in pixels around the terminal buffer */
#define BORDER 2

/* Default shell to use if SHELL is not set in the env */
#define SHELL "/bin/sh"

/* Terminal colors (16 first used in escape sequence) */
static const char *colorname[] = {
    /* 8 normal colors */
    "#101010",
    "#960050",
    "#66aa11",
    "#c47f2c",
    "#30309b",
    "#7e40a5",
    "#3579a8",
    "#9999aa",

    /* 8 bright colors */
    "#303030",
    "#ff0090",
    "#80ff00",
    "#ffba68",
    "#5f5fee",
    "#bb88dd",
    "#4eb4fa",
    "#d0d0d0",

    [255] = 0,

    /* more colors can be added after 255 to use with DefaultXX */
    "#9999aa",
    "#d0d0d0",
};

/* Default colors (colorname index)
   foreground, background, cursor, unfocused cursor */
#define DefaultFG  15
#define DefaultBG  0
#define DefaultCS  15
#define DefaultUCS 8

/* Special keys (change & recompile st.info accordingly)
   Keep in mind that kpress() in st.c hardcodes some keys.

   Mask value:
   * Use XK_ANY_MOD to match the key no matter modifiers state
   * Use XK_NO_MOD to match the key alone (no modifiers)

      key,        mask,  output */
static Key key[] = {
    { XK_BackSpace, XK_NO_MOD, "\177" },
    { XK_Insert,    XK_NO_MOD, "\033[2~" },
    { XK_Delete,    XK_NO_MOD, "\033[3~" },
    { XK_Home,      XK_NO_MOD, "\033[1~" },
    { XK_End,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[4~" },
    { XK_Prior,     XK_NO_MOD, "\033[5~" },
    { XK_Next,      XK_NO_MOD, "\033[6~" },
    { XK_F1,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OP"   },
    { XK_F2,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OQ"   },
    { XK_F3,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OR"   },
    { XK_F4,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OS"   },
    { XK_F5,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[15~" },
    { XK_F6,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[17~" },
    { XK_F7,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[18~" },
    { XK_F8,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[19~" },
    { XK_F9,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[20~" },
    { XK_F10,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[21~" },
    { XK_F11,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[23~" },
    { XK_F12,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[24~" },
};

/* Set TERM to this */
#define TNAME "st-256color"

/* double-click timeout (in milliseconds) between clicks for selection */
#define DOUBLECLICK_TIMEOUT 300
#define TRIPLECLICK_TIMEOUT (2*DOUBLECLICK_TIMEOUT)

#define TAB 8

Hi doomcide,

I actually use many of suckless tools but I have some difficulties to use keybndings with st.
Could you please explain me how to configure st to have same key behavior (in particular to page UP/DOWN  in terminal window) as regular term?

Offline

#19 2012-11-28 04:26:28

antiv0rtex
#! Die Hard
From: Earth
Registered: 2012-10-05
Posts: 573

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Hm, this looks like a delicious thread! smile

Offline

#20 2012-11-28 04:44:52

Ozitraveller
#! CrunchBanger
From: Far from the madding crowd!
Registered: 2011-04-26
Posts: 214

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

VastOne wrote:

Hi VastOne that's a fine looking theme you have there. Is it the same as you described Debian Netinstal Sid - Yet Another How To?

Cheers
Ozi

Sorry Off Topic  ops

Offline

#21 2012-12-09 05:12:29

gutterslob
#! Resident Bum
Registered: 2009-11-03
Posts: 2,925

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

urxvt + tmux
tZ21neg


Point & Squirt

Offline

#22 2012-12-09 13:23:36

dura
Bloated Gimp
From: interzone
Registered: 2012-09-15
Posts: 2,106

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

Ooooh. Nice that one. Jel.

Offline

#23 2012-12-09 14:46:35

Doomicide
#! Junkie
From: the Nightosphere
Registered: 2011-06-24
Posts: 472
Website

Re: The Terminal Emulator Config Page

JiCeheR wrote:
Doomicide wrote:

st is finally pretty usable, just has two issues left for me:
    1. Pasting text from the X-selection in tmux doesn't work right.
    2. Weird focus issues with dwm+tmux.
So for now I'm using urxvt as my tmux terminal and st for everything else
http://ompldr.org/tZnVjeg
config.h

#define FONT "Termsynu:pixelsize=13:antialias=false:autohint=true"

/* Space in pixels around the terminal buffer */
#define BORDER 2

/* Default shell to use if SHELL is not set in the env */
#define SHELL "/bin/sh"

/* Terminal colors (16 first used in escape sequence) */
static const char *colorname[] = {
    /* 8 normal colors */
    "#101010",
    "#960050",
    "#66aa11",
    "#c47f2c",
    "#30309b",
    "#7e40a5",
    "#3579a8",
    "#9999aa",

    /* 8 bright colors */
    "#303030",
    "#ff0090",
    "#80ff00",
    "#ffba68",
    "#5f5fee",
    "#bb88dd",
    "#4eb4fa",
    "#d0d0d0",

    [255] = 0,

    /* more colors can be added after 255 to use with DefaultXX */
    "#9999aa",
    "#d0d0d0",
};

/* Default colors (colorname index)
   foreground, background, cursor, unfocused cursor */
#define DefaultFG  15
#define DefaultBG  0
#define DefaultCS  15
#define DefaultUCS 8

/* Special keys (change & recompile st.info accordingly)
   Keep in mind that kpress() in st.c hardcodes some keys.

   Mask value:
   * Use XK_ANY_MOD to match the key no matter modifiers state
   * Use XK_NO_MOD to match the key alone (no modifiers)

      key,        mask,  output */
static Key key[] = {
    { XK_BackSpace, XK_NO_MOD, "\177" },
    { XK_Insert,    XK_NO_MOD, "\033[2~" },
    { XK_Delete,    XK_NO_MOD, "\033[3~" },
    { XK_Home,      XK_NO_MOD, "\033[1~" },
    { XK_End,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[4~" },
    { XK_Prior,     XK_NO_MOD, "\033[5~" },
    { XK_Next,      XK_NO_MOD, "\033[6~" },
    { XK_F1,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OP"   },
    { XK_F2,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OQ"   },
    { XK_F3,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OR"   },
    { XK_F4,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033OS"   },
    { XK_F5,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[15~" },
    { XK_F6,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[17~" },
    { XK_F7,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[18~" },
    { XK_F8,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[19~" },
    { XK_F9,        XK_NO_MOD, "\033[20~" },
    { XK_F10,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[21~" },
    { XK_F11,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[23~" },
    { XK_F12,       XK_NO_MOD, "\033[24~" },
};

/* Set TERM to this */
#define TNAME "st-256color"

/* double-click timeout (in milliseconds) between clicks for selection */
#define DOUBLECLICK_TIMEOUT 300
#define TRIPLECLICK_TIMEOUT (2*DOUBLECLICK_TIMEOUT)

#define TAB 8

Hi doomcide,

I actually use many of suckless tools but I have some difficulties to use keybndings with st.
Could you please explain me how to configure st to have same key behavior (in particular to page UP/DOWN  in terminal window) as regular term?

I don't configure the keybinds as the default ones work fine. As for scrolling, it isn't implement as they refuse to reimplement stuff that can easily be done by using i.e. tmux. It's a bit annoying I know but actually '| less' does a pretty good job.


“From each according to his faculties; to each according to his needs”
Look at the code. Look at the silly code!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

Debian Logo