SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-15 20:45:37

LDC

Whats up with Winetricks?

I first ran into this sort of problem under ubuntu, I'd have winetricks installed, but would not download anything, something about not connecting to a server or something...

Now I cannot even find it. I have wine installed, and I thought winetricks was as well, but it isnt. I looked for it in synaptic but it isnt there either.

I'm just completely clueless here, I need someone to fill me in on what's going on.

Thank you.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-09-15 21:31:16

omns
#! wanderer

Re: Whats up with Winetricks?

First question would be. How did you install it?

#3 2012-10-07 12:42:46

LDC

Sorry about taking forever to get back to you...

I had installed it when I installed wine. It automatically downloaded it along with its dependencies and what not. Originally it worked and wasn't a big deal, but after coming back to linux I went to install some file or something and it said something about the server not responding. Since then every attempt to download anything with winetricks just would not go through.

#4 2012-10-07 21:31:59

omns
#! wanderer

If you are using Statler then winetricks is not in the Debian repositories. This is why you're not seeing it in synaptic so you will have to install it manually. Run these commands in a terminal:

wget http://winetricks.org/winetricks
sudo mv winetricks /usr/local/bin/
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/winetricks

Thanks to rich for this install method from his blog http://debianandi.blogspot.com.au/2012/ … ebian.html

Board footer