SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#126 2012-10-06 18:21:07

Plaque_FCC
#! Member

Re: Luakit

Now preparing to teach the extension understand native ABP URI commands, although I've ever seen only abp:subscribe command samples. This finctional should enable AdBlock for Luakit users seamlessly subscribe to any published in this manner compatible list.

@sunfizz98, and have you tried other extensions? What else can you say or wish around Luakit?
As for me, I'd like to have the functional I had in oldschool KDE3.5::Konqueror, when I hit a key and can select any resource (for instance, music files linked from the page), sorting them as I like and passing to KGet in the end. This, as I imagine, could be done rather easily. What can you say on this?

Last edited by Plaque_FCC (2012-10-06 18:23:39)

Feel free to ask me on anything. At least, a topic to chat for a while, eh?
luakit && awesome && mpd && gdb && bash && python && GTK && gedit && deluged && GSM/xCDMA && git (gc/gh) && LP user.

Be excellent to each other!

#127 2012-10-06 18:31:38

Plaque_FCC
#! Member

Now I think I don't have to try dwb; and thank you for the words you say, good to hear some feedback.

Last edited by Plaque_FCC (2012-10-06 18:38:24)

luakit && awesome && mpd && gdb && bash && python && GTK && gedit && deluged && GSM/xCDMA && git (gc/gh) && LP user.

#128 2012-12-03 16:16:27

sunfizz98
Carbonated Orange Juice
Website

I don't think I have used any plugins, except for maybe noscript or adblock.  However, luakit has been eating 65% of my cpu usage whenever I open the google voice page and I'm not sure why.

#129 2013-01-10 10:35:34

Plaque_FCC
#! Member

sunfizz98 wrote:

I don't think I have used any plugins, except for maybe noscript or adblock.  However, luakit has been eating 65% of my cpu usage whenever I open the google voice page and I'm not sure why.

Well, confused with that. Feel free to submit this comment within luakit «massive CPU usage» issue. By the way, what (and where) is that Google Voice Page?

#130 2014-01-17 13:56:24

crunchbawks

sunfizz98 wrote:

Webkit renderer performs poorly compared to Gecko or Chrome. There is also no pre-emptive hardware acceleration. Hence why. If you pick any Webkit based browser including Qupzilla, Safari you'll notice the same performance differences compared to say a Mozilla or Google offering. Similarly Uzbl, Dwb, Luakit all have more-or-less similar performances.

I like Luakit due to its Lua extensibility.

#131 2014-01-17 13:58:45

crunchbawks

I am trying to better understand the Lua language in an attempt to alter some of the features of Luakit.
I wish to know what is the structure of the language and where are the variables declared? What is the meaning of add_signal?

#132 2014-01-17 14:38:04

Plaque_FCC
#! Member

crunchbawks wrote:

I am trying to better understand the Lua language in an attempt to alter some of the features of Luakit.
I wish to know what is the structure of the language and where are the variables declared? What is the meaning of add_signal?

Hello! It's from lousy lib, you can find calls like «lousy.signal.setup(target)», and after that target becomes ready to work with events using signals. All like callbacks used in GTK+ and many-many other frameworks. It's not a Lua own feature, keep this in mind, that generally it's a way to process events having both powerful and low-level C-side of the object and Lua-side, clear and flexible and benefit from both.

What exactly are you trying to realize? Maybe, it's time to open a ticket in bugtracker or come to #luakit@irc.oftc.net and find yourself some co-ops?

Last edited by Plaque_FCC (2014-01-17 14:44:50)

#133 2014-01-17 16:07:54

crunchbawks

Thanks, I made another thread in the OT section of the forum.

#134 2014-01-23 00:40:44

crunchbawks

Does anyone have a quick suggestion on how to open new tabs next to the currently selected one? And preserve the rest of the tab orders.

#135 2014-01-23 01:24:37

crunchbawks

crunchbawks wrote:

Does anyone have a quick suggestion on how to open new tabs next to the currently selected one? And preserve the rest of the tab orders.

window.lua

-- Get tab order function
            if not order and taborder then
                order = (switch == true and taborder.default_bg)    --was switch==false
                    or taborder.default
            end

Well I hope it helps others.

#136 2014-01-23 01:25:41

Plaque_FCC
#! Member

Wiped out by Plaque_FCC.

Last edited by Plaque_FCC (2014-01-23 01:48:58)

#137 2014-01-23 01:47:18

Plaque_FCC
#! Member

Upd0: Hope it helps anyone.

crunchbawks wrote:
crunchbawks wrote:

window.lua

-- Get tab order function
            if not order and taborder then
                order = (switch == true and taborder.default_bg)    --was switch==false
                    or taborder.default
            end

Well I hope it helps others.

Well, I guess that in window.lua this

-- Navigate current view or open new tab
    navigate = function (w, uri, view)
        view = view or w.view
        if view then
            local js = string.match(uri, "^javascript:(.+)$")
            if js then
                return view:eval_js(luakit.uri_decode(js))
            end
            view.uri = uri
        else
            return w:new_tab(uri, true) -- instead of «return w:new_tab(uri)»
        end
    end,

would be somewhat more proper decision, since we don't have to throw out the value passed and replace it with an imminent constant. Checking «if (true == true)» is useless opposing to our beloved «if (a = 0)» C confusion which is meaningful and funny.

Last edited by Plaque_FCC (2014-01-23 01:50:20)

#138 2014-01-23 01:55:58

Plaque_FCC
#! Member

Anyways, paranoidal habit of doing

:write

before and after anything makes me perform it not only while VIm-ing, but even in other browers. Thinking of an elegant way to get rid of having to save the session manually.

#139 2014-02-28 11:02:06

crunchbawks

I am a little stuck on a couple of issues.

I wish to hide the tab bar depending on mouse navigation. I have something like this in the script files:

window.init_funcs[""] = function (w, m)
    	--local CurPos = 0,0
	--x,y = getCursorPos()
       w.tablist:add_signal("navigation-request", function (w, m)
			       if m.y < 12 then
			       w.tablist.widget:show()
                               else w.tablist.widget:hide()
			       end
       end)
       --w.tablist:add_signal("mouse::leave", function (w) w.tablist.widget:hide() end)
    end

I also wish to spawn any external apps depending on the URI selected. I have something like this:

downloads.add_signal("open-file", function(destination, mime_type, w) 
   if mime_type == "application/pdf" then 
      luakit.spawn("xdg-open " .. destination)
      return true 
   end 
end)

or this:

downloads.add_signal("auto-open-filter", function(destination, mime_type)
    return mime_type == "application/pdf"
end)

None of which work. So looking for any insight.

Board footer