SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-29 21:26:59

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

SCALE 11X in February

Just taking a head count here: Is there anyone planning to go to the Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE 11X) in Los Angeles in February? If so, is anyone interested in helping to staff a #! booth if I arrange it?

Like at SCALE 10X earlier this year, for SCALE 11X I'll be pitching a presentation about CrunchBang, as well as hosting a CrunchBang "Birds of a Feather" event on Saturday evening (where like minded distro users "flock together," as the saying goes). But because I work the show as the publicity chair and have no time to do anything else but help the media and exhibitors talk to each other over the weekend, unfortunately I can't staff a booth myself.

However, if there are CrunchBang folks attending and willing to put in some time, I can set it up (and, no guarantees, but I think I can get the booth next to Debian big_smile ).

We had a successful #! booth at Linux Fest Northwest in Bellingham, Washington, earlier this year in April -- thanks go to Bill and Portia Smith, CrunchBang users who live in central Washington, for their help. I'll be there again next year as well, with a #! booth.

But for SCALE 11X -- anyone game?

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-10-18 16:01:08

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Re: SCALE 11X in February

UPDATE: CrunchBang now officially has a table for the Southern California Linux Expo SCALE 11X in February 2013 in Los Angeles (I'm now working on getting as close to, or possibly being neighbors with, Debian big_smile ).

Again, because I work for SCALE, I'm unable to staff the exhibit myself (otherwise I would), but if someone is thinking about going to Los Angeles in February for SCALE and wants to put in some time promoting CrunchBang at North America's second biggest Linux show (next to OSCON), let me know.

Thanks.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

#3 2012-10-18 17:01:03

pitje
#! Junkie
Website

I'll do it for a ticket for a round trip Amsterdam - San Fransisco tongue

good luck!

oh yeah? well, your momma dresses you funny and you need a mouse to delete files

#4 2012-10-18 17:03:26

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

If only I could afford it, pitje big_smile But if anyone is in the Southern California area at the time -- or if any CrunchBangers are going to SCALE 11X -- and wants to help out, I could use it. Thanks.

#5 2013-01-29 19:15:27

hago777

Hello guys!!this event hope achieved the aims..registration is opened or not??i also attend this event because i want to get the knowledge of the 11 X scale...what is the main purpose to held this event??

#6 2013-01-29 21:27:33

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Registration is open, hago777:

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org

The Southern California Linux Expo is an event with about 100 exhibitors (including CrunchBang) and about 70 speakers, all exhibiting Linux and FOSS hardware and software. It's in its 11th year and there's about 2,000 people who attend each year. Last year, I spoke about CrunchBang and held a CrunchBang gathering called a "Birds of a Feather" (software groups hold BoF meetings to talk about developments in the software).

If you're in the Los Angeles area on the Presidents Day weekend Feb. 22-24 you should stop by.

Board footer